PDA

View Full Version : CHABOT Fishing - 17NOV09

LuckyIrishFan
11-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Got to the lake around 0900hrs. Both poles were in the water by 0915hrs. 15 mins later, BAM!...FISH ON!!! Nice 12.5 incher, and it was a lil fighter too. Next fish was a beautiful 16 incher, but.... Maybe all of you could shed some light for me because this fish did something that I have never experienced before. As I held it around its belly to remove the hook, the fish began to squirt out tons of lil eggs!!! I felt bad that I wanted to release it quickly back to the lake but it had swallowed my bait deep. Last fish was also a nice 15.5 incher. Overall, the weather was nice and cold with some sun, and people to the left and right of me were landing some nice 2-3lbers, too. I'll be back out there again early Friday morning. To everyone fishing the next few days, Good Luck and FISH ON!

Etray
11-17-2009, 12:57 PM
sounds like a good day. thanks for the report

ryanerb
11-17-2009, 07:07 PM
any special spot? coots, bass cove?

LuckyIrishFan
11-18-2009, 01:26 AM
Ryanerb, those are good spots definitely. I'm always at Indian Cove, but I've talked to some locals who fished at the Burner and Raccoon, and they have done well there, too. It's a matter of how far you want to walk and the availability of a good spot to fish, you know. Good Luck fishing and let me know how you do, and FISH ON!