PDA

View Full Version : dIY lED fISH BITE INDICATOR

Fishluvr510
11-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Hello i do alot of night fishing and kinda tired of using a bell to indicate i have a bite.I've seen alot of sturgeon anglers with a home made led light bite indicator.Does anyone know how to make em? I plan on using this led with housing i found @ radio shack.What kind of battery How do i rig it to my line so know im getting a bite?

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7008/prs1c2160457w345.jpg (http://img412.imageshack.us/i/prs1c2160457w345.jpg/)

tunaman
11-29-2009, 08:18 AM
What is the voltage input on that led? some have current resistors and some come raw that need resistors. I literally have several hundred of those leds, I also have those in the superbright blue version as well. It is most probably cheaper to buy one that is already made especially if you want it to be small. The one you are looking for are similar like the ones you install on the tire valve where when the wheel turns, the light turns on. Now that is small enough to work. What you are trying to do is not only going to be bulky, but not cost effective. Look into Tire Flys, they are bright and would detect vibrations and very cost effective. Don't bother with the led you have, not only is it not bright enough, not worth the time and expense to make one when you can buy one that will work better for less than $10 I believe. I got a few of these Tire flys but never used them for fishing. Hope that helps you out.

FishnBeer
11-30-2009, 07:58 AM
some guys also use glowsticks. one time use only tho... clip it onto the line between one of the upper guide loops, youll see it go up and start floppin around when ya get a bite

tunaman
11-30-2009, 10:54 AM
The Tire Flys have more advantage not to mention more cost effective after a few uses. They only turn on from vibrations and are very bright plus they are not one time use and operate with a button battery.

Fishluvr510
12-01-2009, 03:05 AM
tHANKS for the reply 4 reels.Thanks for the bright idear.Fish OOOn!