PDA

View Full Version : How do you use a bubble?

B_RAN
10-25-2009, 01:58 PM
ive seen kinda how it works.. but i want to know for sure how i would use a bubble wth a wooly bugger below it. thanks guys :)

tarbuckle
10-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Put you line through the bubble, tie your line to a swivel then tie on a 3 foot leader.

Jfitalia
10-25-2009, 02:22 PM
yep thats how its done!!! You can also use a power worm instead of the bugger. The other thing I like to do is fill the bubble up so that it sinks very slow and the use a crawler or PB. What this does is sinks very very slow to the bottom and you can fish the entire zone from the the top to bottom

fool4fish
10-27-2009, 12:20 AM
yes i do it the same way. fill it with water and let it sink to desired depth then start reeling it in slowly. When nothing else is working i go to this method.
I have never tried it w/o filling it with water. i dont think i have ever seen anyone do it that way? does it work consistently?

fool4fish
10-27-2009, 12:21 AM
i also forgot to mention is that i usually tie a really long leader, usually 5' to 6' long.

B_RAN
10-27-2009, 01:52 AM
thanks guys.. ya ive heard of fillin it up halfway so you can chuck it out there far.. but i didnt know about filling the whole thing up?? thats pretty interesting though.

keviwa
10-27-2009, 02:16 AM
I have used it both ways. Just depends on where the fish are. I prefer a long leader too. You may also consider a trailer hook tied to the swivel. I was at Amador last year and the crazy fish would chase and hit the bobber. It was a green one I picked up at Fishermans warehouse. After I had a few hits on the bobber, I put on a trailer hook and nailed a few that didnt see the Wooly Bugger.

HBFishin
10-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Plug-n-jug I had a fish do the same thing at Dark lake a few weeks ago. Kept hitting the bubble. I got him later tho. ;)

fool4fish
10-27-2009, 10:24 AM
what if we took that same concept and instead of a bubble, used a suspending rapala shad rap and tied a trailer leader 4-5 feet long with a wooly bugger on it attached to the last eye on the lure, and toss it out as far as you can and real it in slow enough that it will stay 2-3' beneath the surgace? You just know that would work, especially at Amador. I am heading up there this week. I am going to give it a try and i will post the results here.

B_RAN
10-29-2009, 03:22 AM
that sounds creative. and oh ya that would kill at amador for sure!!! im gunna try a bubble for my first time tomorrow morning at santa ana river lakes :) one question.. has anyone ever seen the woolybugger with the mini propeller on it??

Jfitalia
10-29-2009, 04:25 AM
Hey B Ran good luck! The fish santa ana tend to hold near the bottom so not sure how it will work. That's why most use jigs, also that place gets packed so get there early!

GCinGV
10-30-2009, 02:06 AM
If you donít need the line to slide, rather then a swivel you can also use a toothpick to peg the bubble.
When casting distance isnít an issue I prefer using a large (Ĺ to 5/8Ē) corky type strike indicator because they fall a bit slower and donít make as big of a splash when they hit the water. I use white ones where the fish are indicator shy or orange for visibility when theyíre not.
GC

keviwa
10-30-2009, 02:19 AM
that sounds creative. and oh ya that would kill at amador for sure!!! im gunna try a bubble for my first time tomorrow morning at santa ana river lakes* :) one question.. has anyone ever seen the woolybugger with the mini propeller on it??
B-ran, The Bugger with the propeller is called a "Pistol Pete". I have used them with some success when a regular Buggar will not.

B_RAN
10-30-2009, 09:14 AM
ya thats what ive heard. you would think the fish would be shallow this time of the year.. but yeah i remember now!! the box said pistol pete. i saw some russian guy nailin them on derby day at seco so i figured i had to get one ;D

jiggity49
10-31-2009, 12:00 PM
what if we took that same concept and instead of a bubble, used a suspending rapala shad rap and tied a trailer leader 4-5 feet long with a wooly bugger on it attached to the last eye on the lure, and toss it out as far as you can and real it in slow enough that it will stay 2-3' beneath the surgace?* You just know that would work, especially at Amador.* I am heading up there this week.* I am going to give it a try and i will post the results here.
Good idea, the only problem I see with that is when you try to cast the trailing line will get caught in the hooks and tangle and then the rapala won't swim right. would work trolling though ;)

Woody
10-31-2009, 02:29 PM
I've added a wooly bugger 5" behind a Kastmaster and did real good.
The kastmaster acts like a real small dodger giving the wooly bugger a good action.

Woody

B_RAN
10-31-2009, 03:33 PM
I've added a wooly bugger 5" behind a Kastmaster and did real good.*
The kastmaster acts like a real small dodger giving the wooly bugger a good action.

Woody

you know what.. that has to be one of the most cleverest ideas ive heard ;) but one question.. where do you tie your leader to?? the little ring where the hook is connected to??