PDA

View Full Version : Heading to Lake Amador 1st time

chefchandler
10-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Waking up at 04:30 to make the drive from Sunnyvale to Amador.. Never fished this lake but previous post's make me want to make the drive.. Is there anything I need to know about this lake from shore?? For all those fishing tomorrow good luck and fish on.. For those at Amador look for me and my buddy I will be wearing a Loch Lomand hat and Raider shirt.. :)

Fish On,
Chef

Shawnb
10-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Looked like the best spot today was the north corner of the dam. Good luck!

dinos marine
10-16-2009, 12:37 PM
hey chef,
look for us in the red 12 footer
dkonrai

paokhang
10-16-2009, 01:15 PM
If you're coming from Sunnyvale then you're gonna need to wake up earlier than that...the lake might be packed before 9. I was gonna fish there today but upon my arrival I saw the crowd and decided to turn around and go home, I got there at 10. Any spot along the dam and the surrounding areas are fine for banking. My advice would be to get there early, find a good spot, and set up camp. You and your buddy should spread out far enough apart to give each other enough space but not too far that people will come in between you two. My thoughts are that there are gonna be a lot of boaters and bankers...get there early. Oh yeah, bring money too...should cost you and your buddy about $26, 8 to park and 9 per person to fish

Trout_Terminator
10-17-2009, 07:19 AM
Also, buy bait at your local shop, because its an arm and a leg up there.

jesballs
10-17-2009, 05:07 PM
how did you do?

dinos marine
10-18-2009, 01:09 AM
chef,
yeah how did you do?? didnt see ya at the dam. we were in the red/white aluminum boat. bite was slow until late in the day. we finally ended up with six. lost a butt load.
dkonrai

chefchandler
10-18-2009, 09:43 AM
chef,
yeah how did you do?? didnt see ya at the dam. we were in the red/white aluminum boat. bite was slow until late in the day. we finally ended up with six. lost a butt load.
dkonrai

Actually I was on the dam with my buddy..* We got there about 8 and were on the cliff side of the dam.* Is your boat red and white??* I think we talked when you trolled by us and missed a strike and already had one.* Then about 5:30 last night we saw you again in the dam area but this time we were in a boat..* So our day was good.* Your right there was not to much action in the morning.* We got one bite while on the shore so around 12 we went and rented a boat..* Trolled the lake for awhile for nothing.. Around 2 we were toward the back of the lake and heard this giant splash so we hung out for awhile and got a bass.* All of a sudden by buddy had a fish on and by the time I got the net to him the fish shook off..* So I went and got one of my poles with some power eggs and casted in this little area and within 2 minutes BAM a 15 inch 3 Lb. Fatty Rainbow :D..* So my buddy rigged up his 2nd line and within another 5 min BAM a 18 inch 4 1/2 LB. Rainbow :D.* Not sure if either of them is a Cutbow but beautiful pink meat and color and man what a fight.. They ate our bate like 3 feet in front of us and they faught like hell. We ended up leaving at 6.. So all in all I love amador.* The first lake that didn't skunk us on the first trip and even though we only got one each it quality not quantity to me.. :)

Here is a pic of my fatty..
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d81/shawnchandler/amador.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d81/shawnchandler/amadortrout.jpg

Fish On,
Chef