PDA

View Full Version : Lake Sonoma 8/25 PB 7lbs. 15oz. steelie

TroutWagon
08-26-2009, 05:20 AM
Had the pleasure of fishing with Tom & John Hill of Novato at Lake Sonoma on Tuesday the 25th. After a late arriival because of bad traffic We were on the water at 7:05 am, and we put down in the main body of water working our way north. The Fog was heavy, wet and thick, visability was about 50-75 ft. Not many boats working the area 2 maybe 3. we were picking up some small steelies in the 15-16" range 3 total for the first 3 hours. the 2 in the pics were kept because of bad hook jobs on the eyes. The 3rd was re-leased really fast before i could snap a shot.
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk302/troutwagon22/DSCI0032.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk302/troutwagon22/DSCI0031.jpg

So after a lot of big fish stories these guys were drooling for a slug to hit, as we worked my prime zone we hit paydirt. Fish on John!!! he grabbed the bending rod and we watched in amazment, the line peeling out of the reel, 11 bars pulled out, john yelling I cant gain on him. After settling john down with the adreline pumping. we got a glimpse of the fish. Wow!! we were all excited, here comes the biggest fish Iv'e ever seen come out of here. after 2 attempts at netting her, we finally got her in the net.
7lbs. 15oz. The fish is a personal best for lake sonoma, and the fishes lenght was 25 1/2" long with a girth well over 12".
It was such a beautiful fish, we released it safely and began the high fiveing and hollering.
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk302/troutwagon22/DSCI0029-1.jpg
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk302/troutwagon22/DSCI0030-3.jpg

These guys were so fired up, they we really happy to bag a slug out of sonoma, they have fished there alot with poor results. I'm glad they had a good trip, I know I did. We finished up the day with a double hookup, losing one fish and catching & releasing the other for a total of 6 fish and 4 missed strikes & 2 lost fish LDR's. Gonna be back out again soon

TW

TW Fishing

Blktailhunter
08-26-2009, 05:37 AM
Great catch and congrats on the release :) [smiley=areportmq5.gif]

GutHookd
08-26-2009, 05:59 AM
wow. that is one heck of a fish right there. beautiful as can be. dude looks pretty stoked too!! :)

TroutWagon
08-26-2009, 08:48 AM
when he left he was still smiling ;D He blew my ear drums out on the boat screaming _____well lets just say he was happy!! ;)

LuckyIrishFan
08-26-2009, 11:31 AM
TW, great story and pics. Thanks for sharing the pic of that beautiful fish. I'm sure the next one who lands the same fish will enjoy the catch just like you and your friends did. Good Luck on the next fishing trip, and FISH ON!

mikeandkristy
08-26-2009, 12:57 PM
You did great!
Kudo's from us.
Really nice pics too!
Mike and Kristy :)

FishbucketII
08-27-2009, 01:44 AM
Way to put them on a brute! TW.. :D

GBG and I will be out all weekend. Hope to net some of them sliver bullets too.

Thanks for posting.

KingKonker
08-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Troutwagon,
Great fish, I will be after her also and thanks for the C and R.
I have noticed that lately the average fish have grow and started to turn into fatties.
Again thanks for the C and R, earlier this year I thought the lake was in trouble with trout off the bite but it is looking pretty good now.

TroutWagon
08-29-2009, 01:05 AM
kk,

I kinda thought the same, but these guys play hard to get a lot and it can get you discouraged but when you strike gold you will always remember that and you are offically hooked on sonoma steelies! It took a bit, but the bite turned on with really some nice quality fish.
C&R is a must in this lake, preserve the natural fishery, it,s a special place you can catch a wild fish.
How many places do you know to catch wild fish these days? Most places are protected or restricted heavily. Thanks for the C&R yourself! you know it like me :)

KingKonker
09-01-2009, 06:18 AM
Went out today and hooked into nine but only got 2 in the net.
Anyone else having problems loosing them after a good take-down?

TroutWagon
09-01-2009, 07:17 AM
yah, it's common! It really reminds me of koke fishing, these fish are super spaz cases [smiley=tasman.gif] like the tazmainian Devil, they have a keen way of slipping off your hook if your running a 1 hook set on your lure.

SmokingKokanee
09-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Fishing was awesome with TW Service!
This fish kicked my tush"... WE were having a great day BEFORE this Monster hit the net .. mind you after Many MANY runs!!! & 6ft jump >>>>15 ft sideways...I was super Stoked to say the least!
After appricate this fish for a few moments we sliped her back into the precious gem of a lake she came from!
C . P . R ===== SAVES FISH & FISHERY!
CATCH + PHOTO + LET EM GO

Fish was caught using a worm rig @ 20 ft near the marina side of Dam! ;) Thank you ..T.W!!!!
5 Star Dude to fish with... check him out ..he lists trips on e-bay also!

~John and Tom ... :-X

SmokingKokanee
09-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Have been fishing out on the lake 2 times since have caught and LET GO some more nice fish ..However Im pretty sure this is a Lake Monster!
Best luck seems to be around the Dam trolling worms @ 30ft'
If you are having problems catchig fish here ..contact TW Guide service for some off the hook action!

SmokingKokanee
10-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Fishing on Tuesday 10/6
Was incredible .. saw some nice fish to 18" all CPR..minus one 14"bonker whom would not come back to life :(

Hoping to see this Monster fish spawn this year!

Note ~ This is one tough lake to fish..dont expect fast and furious .. until they are on the hook! :D

LuckyIrishFan
10-09-2009, 12:49 PM
TW, I loved the story and pics. It must of been hard to let that beauty go, but I understand why you did. What a fish to land, I could only imagine the fight. Awesome story. FISH ON!

SmokingKokanee
10-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Thanks .. full credit to TW.. guide service...
The first thought was Holy Bleep bleep .. then picture... then release so as to preseve this fishery for future Fishing freinds to catch and LOOK she was caught again and released again!!! Good show... Since this client was from Novato also..maybe we can sit down for some fish stories fo Lake Sonoma.. "Tightlines"