PDA

View Full Version : Caples or Silver Lake?

Shawnb
09-24-2009, 08:26 AM
I'm going tomorrow and can't decide which one to go to.

atavuss
09-24-2009, 10:35 AM
either one would be a good choice.

katie01
09-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I vote for Silver.Always get into them pretty good there!

Shawnb
09-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks water dog. I think I'm going to go with Silver. I haven't fished there yet, so it will be good to try a new lake.

katie01
09-24-2009, 02:05 PM
Good luck Shawnb.Silver is my favorite serria lake.I will be blasting up hwy.88 friday morning.Heading to Reno for some wild and crazy fun with the wife.Watch out for all the crazy biker dudes ,there will be alot of them up there!

l_muchowski
09-24-2009, 02:13 PM
runnnnnnn. bikers in reno.callreno 911 ;D ;D ;D hey Shawnb did you like loon? if you fished it before.seems hard to get to .....why am i writing??? you allready left :-[ :-[

justme
09-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Which is better from shore Caples or Silver. I fished Caples from shore 3 or 4 weeks ago and did really good down by the spillway. It was my first time fishing there. I was going to fish by the damn but it looked too shallow. I have nevr fished silver.

katie01
09-25-2009, 01:30 AM
justme, I fished silver from shore last nov. in blizzard conditions and killed the browns on kastmasters. Never fished caples from shore only by boat.

Shawnb
09-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Went to Silver today and had a good time. I had to work hard for my limit. It was a little frustrating because it seemed like everyone around me was catching them like crazy, but I was finally able to get five in the boat. The one thing that is nice about Silver compared to caples is the ten dollar fee rather then twenty for Caples.

Mackattack
09-25-2009, 04:58 PM
Went to Silver today and had a good time.* I had to work hard for my limit.* It was a little frustrating because it seemed like everyone around me was catching them like crazy, but I was finally able to get five in the boat.* The one thing that is nice about Silver compared to caples is the ten dollar fee rather then twenty for Caples.

I was just going to ask if you had a boat cause i read the launch at Silver was blocked off do to demolision. You answerd my question.

Mackattack

JPFX
09-27-2009, 06:06 AM
Has anyone been to Caples campground lately? Im heading up this coming Saterday for the weekend and was wondering how empty the campground was.

JPFX
09-27-2009, 06:08 AM
Has anyone been to Caples campground lately? Im heading up this coming Saterday for the weekend and was wondering how empty the campground was. Also, any trolling reports?

atavuss
09-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Has anyone been to Caples campground lately?* Im heading up this coming Saterday for the weekend and was wondering how empty the campground was.* Also, any trolling reports?

seemed there were a few campers in the campground @ Caples but it was not full today. had fish on all day today trolling flashers and a worm. hot spots were in front of the dam and the mouth of the back cove.

Noobfisher
09-27-2009, 12:08 PM
seemed there were a few campers in the campground @ Caples but it was not full today.* had fish on all day today trolling flashers and a worm.* hot spots were in front of the dam and the mouth of the back cove.

I was curious how you would setup the flashers and worm? Are you talking about the 12" flashers that you can buy that you put on your line before your leader? Also, how long of a leader do you use from the flashers to the hook? Do you use the entire worm or just enough worm to cover the entire hook? What size hook? Sorry for all the noob questions, I am new to this trolling for trout technique. Thanks.

JPFX
09-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Noobfisher - I am no expert, but yes, I use the smaller flasher that are about 12" long, crome in color. My leader is about 10-12" long. I have threaded the worn onto the hook and I have also just looped it on. Both have the same results imo. What I found NOT to work was having a long portion of the worm trailing behind the hook. I have used a 1/4" chunk of worm on a hook and caught a fish.