PDA

View Full Version : Grace Lake, labor Day weekend

fishfinder42
09-14-2009, 04:38 AM
Sorry for the late posts but i figured i should get them up now or never.
Went to Grace lake on Friday before I headed up to Hat Creek for Labor Day weekend. Great fishing here as usual. At least I got my pole in before my wife caught some. Last time she had 3 before my pole even hit the water cause i had the string them up for her, lol!
So my grandpa used his usual bubble bobber technique and limited out (I have never seen him not limit out at this lake, actually now that i think about it, I have never seen him not limit out!) I always catch fish at this lake so i decided to go with something a little less.....guaranteed.
I was just throwing lures all day and ended up getting 4 Rainbows. It was a lot more fun though, these fish really hit those lures hard!! I caught a few from this school that was hanging out by the bridge about 10' from shore. There were about 20 hanging out there at one point.
Brushed up on my skinning and filleting technique from Grandpa. A lot easier to eat them boneless i think. Unless you are roasting them over the fire....... ;) MMMM Trout on a stick :-X

Prowler
09-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Wow, this is the first time I have seen a report from Grace Lake on here ;D I might be one of only a few that knows what lake you're talking about ;) I go up there in the evenings after work and fly fish off the bank. Good job to you and your dad. Did you guys check out Nora while you were there?

fishfinder42
09-15-2009, 01:33 AM
Alrgith somebody else on here does know this lake. I was wondering if anybody would respond. I've seen some fly fisherman up there and they seem to do very well. I am not familiar with Nora......I don't live up there so I only get a chance to go every once in a while. Maybe you can fill me in........Thanks for responding!! 8-)

Prowler
09-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Nora is about a 1/4 mile down the road from Grace. It's about the same size and gets the plants as well. It's a little more challenging to fish--I say this because I haven't caught near as much fish out of there as Grace. There are cool spots with picnic tables along the lake too. Best place to fish is in the current where the creek comes in.