PDA

View Full Version : Decided to go to Cap;es today

justme
09-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Got on the road from San Jose at 3:20 AM. Got to caples at 6:20 AM. Decided to fish from shore just past the spillway. Fishing was really slow untill 11:30 AM. Had a few bites but none stuck. Then all hell broke loose. Could not keep the fish off my bait Missed quite few bites But I had my limit by 3:00PM. Caught all of my fish on green and rainbow powerbait. Tried using nightcrawlers but the crawdads jumped all over them so I could not use them. All fish were 12 to 14 inches.

Captain Compassion
09-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Excellent. Glad they are hitting at Caples. Was it crowded?

CC

chelsea92
09-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Hello justme, my brother and I fished at caples on the dam on our way back home to pacifica.Arrived at 7am and threw gold kastmasters untill 9:30 . Slow fishing with a couple small brooks and 1 nice ldr.Efren

Mark_Woodard
09-06-2009, 05:28 PM
sweet thanks for the up date hope it will be like that 2maro when my dad and I hit it

justme
09-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Yes it was pretty crowded but not bad. I was surprized, there were a lot of bank fisherman and not many boats. Oh one thing about the fishing. You had to be very accurate with your casting. I did not get any bites until I found a spot where there were fish. If you did not hit that spot you would not even get a bite. To far to the right, left or to far or short and nothing. If you got it just right they would hit it in 1 to 2 minutes or even before it hit the bottom :D

atavuss
09-08-2009, 09:01 AM
I was at Caples Friday, marked a LOT of fish in front of the dam, they were just out of reach of bankers past the floating balls by the pump house. once I figured out what the fish wanted I could not keep them off the hook.

MontanaN8V
09-08-2009, 10:41 AM
We were there Sunday, same thing, bite was on around lunch time. Lake is very low, lots of rock outcroppings showing, and not showing! Be safe if you are boating.

atavuss
09-08-2009, 11:18 AM
We were there Sunday, same thing, bite was on around lunch time.* Lake is very low, lots of rock outcroppings showing, and not showing! Be safe if you are boating.

I agree, I kept the main gas motor up and out of the water and moved around with the trolling motor. a lot cheaper to repair the trolling motor compared to the gas motor.