PDA

View Full Version : Jenner Russian Gulch Park

mtlbigfish
11-02-2009, 05:07 AM
Has anyone dove the Jenner Russian Gulch Park area right in front of the beach? I was fishing there Sat in my boat and saw lot's of potential ab spots near boiler rocks.

thanks.

fathom
11-03-2009, 03:18 AM
Not all that great unless you go for a long swim!

ah-balone
11-03-2009, 05:48 AM
You are confusing two different places, Jenner is at mouth of Russian River, and Russian Gulch is further north near mendocino. ;)

Paikea09
11-03-2009, 07:51 AM
It doesn't matter where you dive, so long as there's kelp, there will be abalone. I dove Red Barn the other day which is a notoriously popular area and I could still see the abs from the surface. In that region, where there's kelp, there's abs, its that simple.

Fishbutt21
11-03-2009, 09:42 AM
You are confusing two different places, Jenner is at mouth of Russian River, and Russian Gulch is further north near mendocino. ;)
I am sure he is refering to Russian Gulch beach that is only a couple miles north of the river as the crow flies,I have dove there many times with good luck on the south side of the beach and into some of the coves in that area but its been many years ago now and I have found the vis in that area not as good as some other spots so now I dont even waste the hike down