PDA

View Full Version : where to fish near south lake tahoe?

norcalsurfer1977
08-27-2009, 02:48 AM
i'm interested mainly in streams of the area, from the lake to say yosemite.

i'm thinking of checking out caples lake since it's close, and also the markleeville river area. i'm not really sure where to go, but it looks like you can fish right off the road.

any other areas i should search out? i don't mind staying over a night and hiking a lot.

thanks sniffers!

isdaann
08-27-2009, 03:54 AM
First try the bridge area where hwy 89 & 88 meets. Then go past the town of Markleeville. Try Panther Martine, and Roostertails. If no luck try drifting a piece of blown up nightcrawlers. Double check the regs i think there are some barbless hook and artificals lure areas.

mikeandkristy
08-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Lots of people are fishing at silver and Caples from the dam.
We tore it up but we had a boat.
Good luck to you and take pics...
We love pics!!!
Mike and kristy. :)

norcalsurfer1977
08-27-2009, 12:59 PM
fished the bridge where 88 and 89 meet and caught 3 pan fryers. i let them go to grow. i had a nice 12"er following my panther martin for a bit, but no go. i ended up drifting salmon eggs for the 3 i caught.

i did speak to one guy who was fishing under the bridge. he said they just planted yesterday and they were all slaying 'em. good fun for some i suppose. i went downstream for the thrill of the hunt.

thanks for the advice!

dinos marine
08-27-2009, 02:12 PM
angora lakes........ nice lake for cutts

Captain Compassion
08-27-2009, 02:14 PM
South Of Tahoe along 89 is the Upper Truckee. On 89 and 88 is the West Carson. Along 89 and 4 is the T. Carson. Along 395 is the W. Walker and Little Walker. East Of Bridgeport is the E. Walker. West or Bridgeport are Robinson and Buckeye Creek. Going south on 395 are Green Creek, Virginia Creek, Miller Creek and Mller Creek. Leevining Creek follows 120 that goes to Yosemite.

CC