PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 8/23

gadgetman
08-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Arrived at Pardee at 5:30 with Steveo79 and Stonesfan.* Got the boat ready to launch but no mussel inspection folks to be found.* We wait a little bit then go ahead and launch.* He arrives as we are ready to depart.* Very overcast for the first part of the day.

We head for the dam and set about looking for trout.* Marked tons of Kokanee all over the lake.* No fish at the dam so went up by deer island where we finally picked up two trout.* *Both fish hit wedding rings tipped with half a crawler.* We covered a lot of water today, probably trolled 1/3 of the river arm and a lot of the main lake.* Called it quits at 2 pm.* Sure is a nice change to return to a ramp at 2 pm and be the only boat there.* Sure wish the Kokes were bigger.

Not much of a sunrise this morning
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4400/1006514l.jpg

Got Koke!
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4041/1006515.jpg

WishToFish and brother on the hunt
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5890/1006511.jpg

So busy laughing I forgot to take pictures of the fish, this is the only one other than the end of day limit stick
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8632/1006519m.jpg

Steveo made a special trip tip, grilled onions and pepper topped off with his special Chili aioli sauce.* *Who needs fish with food like this.* The Pnut Butter and Jelly sandwich isn't going to cut it in the boat anymore.
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2086/1006529.jpg

Not the biggest trout in the lake but much better than that striped kitty.* They look kind of green in this pictures, I assure you they are trout.
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/757/1006538.jpg

Late in the day we may have found the source for our poor fishing today.* We all know how bad it is to have bananas on a fishing trip.* I think it's more about the yellow color.* Stoney shared with us the stow away that he brought along today.* I'm pretty sure it's the cause of our slow fishing today.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1492/1006540m.jpg

Thanks for the great day guys, ready for the next trip!

mikeandkristy
08-23-2009, 11:57 AM
At least it was not a skunk out!
Those sandwiches just made me hungry!!!
Nice post of you're day.
Hope to hit Pardee one more time before it closes!
Mike and Kristy :)

fish_junky
08-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Wow good friends and great food. Can't beat that. Now did Stoney hook himself again and did he hook another rockfish?

camotracker
08-23-2009, 12:33 PM
sounds like it was very slow.

gadgetman
08-23-2009, 12:34 PM
* ** ** * Wow good friends and great food. Can't beat that. Now did Stoney hook himself again and did he hook another rockfish?
I forgot about that normal activity when you fish with Stoney. No he didn't hook himself this time. Wait, he did catch bottom twice but got off both times.

Hof
08-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Sounds like a fun day anyway. By the looks of your sonar, I'm suprised you didn't snag one of those kokes. There had to be a little temptation to replace that crawler with a little corn?

Hof

Skippy
08-23-2009, 02:10 PM
gadgetman, we must have missed you guys out there.

My buddy and I were on the water around 6:30am and started trolling the narrows.* We actually were having some great success there.* By 9:00am we had 7 or 8 in the box, had a couple LDRs, and released a couple at the boat, all trolling Slingblade dodgers and primarily Excel lures.

We would have easily completed our limits if we'd stayed there, but we wanted to do a little bait fishing so we went up the river arm.* Caught a couple more on Power Eggs.

I would recommend, if you go back, trolling the narrows at anywhere from 20 to 30 feet.* There's a lot of trout there.

-Skippy

zhands
08-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the post Steve

Maybe you should have used the Chili aioli sauce to spice up your lures.* ;D
Sounds like a fun day gents.
Nothing beats a full limit of laughs.

But next time take Sponge Bob's buddy Patrick, I hear he has stronger JuJu* *;D

Z :)

gadgetman
08-23-2009, 11:21 PM
gadgetman, we must have missed you guys out there.

My buddy and I were on the water around 6:30am and started trolling the narrows.* We actually were having some great success there.* By 9:00am we had 7 or 8 in the box, had a couple LDRs, and released a couple at the boat, all trolling Slingblade dodgers and primarily Excel lures.

We would have easily completed our limits if we'd stayed there, but we wanted to do a little bait fishing so we went up the river arm.* Caught a couple more on Power Eggs.

I would recommend, if you go back, trolling the narrows at anywhere from 20 to 30 feet.* There's a lot of trout there.

-Skippy
What boat were you in, there was so few it should be easy to remember you. Only radio traffic was me and WishToFish. We didn't troll the narrows, looks like we should have.

Sounds like a fun day anyway.* By the looks of your sonar, I'm suprised you didn't snag one of those kokes.* There had to be a little temptation to replace that crawler with a little corn?*

Hof

Hey Hof, I made a deal with Steveo that I wouldn't chase Kokes. We cheated for a minute...let Stoney put a spinner down with some corn on. Kind of funny at the point he started to put the spinner on we were marking tons of fish...by the time he got the spinner on and down we were out of them. We were hunting trout so didn't spin around.

_Gone_Fishin_
08-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Wow there are a lot of kokes in there! Thanks for the report. 8-)

Skippy
08-24-2009, 04:09 AM
What boat were you in, there was so few it should be easy to remember you.* Only radio traffic was me and WishToFish.* We didn't troll the narrows, looks like we should have.
We were in a blue and white bayliner.* I never even got my radio out as there usually isn't anyone, let alone Sniffers, chatting it up.* Maybe I should make it a habit to at least turn it on in the morning to see if anyone's around.

-Skippy

jsharman
08-24-2009, 05:05 AM
Nice report and pics. This was our first trip to Pardee. We must have just missed the inspector. I dropped off the Inspection form at the front gate when I paid and started launching when the others in line started launching. Didn't realize that there was an actual inpsection. We fished from 5:30 until 4:30 for one 13 inch trout. Caught him about half way up the river on an F9 Hot Steel at about 25 otw. Tough day.

Nice talking to you Gadgetman, thanks for the help and advice. Steve079 and Stonesfan nice to meet you guys. Until next time.

Old_School
08-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Glad you guys had a fun day.

Hard to believe August at Pardee and you guys are trout fishing!

See ya soon,
Old School

LuckyIrishFan
08-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Gadgetman, I enjoyed the story and pics, thanks for sharing. Did the inspection person give you guys a hard time for launching without someone there? Just curious. Good luck on the next fishing trip, and FISH ON!

gadgetman
08-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Gadgetman, I enjoyed the story and pics, thanks for sharing.* Did the inspection person give you guys a hard time for launching without someone there?* Just curious.* Good luck on the next fishing trip, and FISH ON!
Steveo or Stoney will have to respond.* I was in the water getting riggers ready.* I had the form all filled out so Steveo and Stoney took that to the inspection guy.* There was at least two boats in front of me that he never saw.* When we returned around 2 he had already packed up shop and gone home.* Last I heard they only man the inspection station Sat and Sun.*

steveo79
08-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Stonesfan volunteered the paper. He went over to chat the guy up, it was actually kind of funny. This guy shows up late, with boats lined up. He is rushing around, trying to get caught up, and Stoney is in full automatic, conversational burst mode, at 90 mph, I thought Ranger Rick's head was going to explode.

He did the same thing to the guy taking the money, at the gate, he was actually haggling with him on the entry fee. ;D

Stoney, at 5:30am, on a fishing day, is a force of nature....

n2trout
08-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Besides the paperwork what all is involved in the mussell inspection? I haven't been thru one yet and now I have a new boat I am sure I will come across them, would like to be prepared. I havent fished Pardee in a couple years, would like to hit it up again. Gratz on avoiding the skunk.

steveo79
08-25-2009, 05:04 AM
You need the boat to be dry. Lower unit, live well, bilge. No standing water. You can get the boat tagged, and the end of the day, and as long as the band isn't broken, you can bypass the inspection next time. Tag is good at Camanche as well.
No fee for inspection, and if you don't pass, you can get a refund.