PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes Fremont

GOT2FISH510
10-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Hello-
I live rite next to Quarry lakes and only fished there twice and twice I got skunked going for some trout... Can a fellow Fishsniffer give any tips. I was using Powerbait Eggs in White,Green and orange. What size line should I use and size hooks? Here are some question. Any other kind of bait or even live bait. Best time of day to catch trout. how far or close to cast out. Whats the hot spot on the lake. Special rigs to use. I hear alot about garlic/oil of different types. What some good stuff to use.

What other kind of fish is out there other then Trout and Catfish?

Any tips would be so cool :)

tragedyspring
10-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Quarry sucks dude. BUT- since you live so close try the BACK of the lake and use YELLOW power eggs. Pro cure gel in trophy trout or shad or threadfin shad GELS(very important, in fact if you forget this piece of the puzzle,you might as well GO BACK HOME) Kastmaster silver/green 1/4 oz. Cast it out as far as you can towards the middle count how many seconds it takes to hit bottom. Reel it in with a stop go retrieve- meaning slowly crank it in about ten feet - then let in sink back for a couple of seconds. After this first cast you will know how deep the water you are fishing in is by how long it took to sink. When its all the way in , cast it back out at the same spot , but this time only let it sink3/4 of the time as before. So if it took ten seconds to hit bottom on your first cast, only let the lure sink 7 seconds or so the next cast. Then 3 on the next one, and so on.You can get bit at any time using this method, but usually it will be on the first or second cast, and when the lure is sinking back. Work a LOT of area, Meaning walk the shoreline, if you arent getting hit, that means there probably isnt any fish there. :-[ Dont be afraid to cast paralell to the shore, epecially as it gets colder. Ive caught some of my biggest trout in 6 ft of water. And like I said before Quarry Sucks. So dont feel discouraged or think im some jibrone who dont know howta feesh okee dokee. :D

GOOD LUCK!

joshc40
10-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I've never tried what the first post says, but I do know that casting out far is the key to this lake. I've caught plenty of fish casting it waaayyy out there. I'm talking with one ounce wieghts and just launching it. Try rainbow powerbait as well. Dip it in some cod liver oil and bam, fish guaranteed. Good luck.

NorCal2500HD
10-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Josh is right, get out as far as you possibly can..we were getting skunked until he helped us out with some pointers....that was back in late june so the water was getting warmer so we stopped fishing for trout and moved onto catfish....up until about two weeks ago we were hitting quarry up 3-4 times a week for cats.......did good. The trout seem to be getting real active lately at night......

NorCal2500HD
10-02-2008, 08:34 PM
jibrone

LOL, just noticed that....BUBBA

There are large mouth in there but Ive never seen any caught. If you walk down the dock to the end where it heads out towards the middle right in the V you can usually see little ones swimming around....

bigdaddy68768
10-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Quarry sucks? I'll admit there have been alot of tough times, but I wouldn't say that it sucks.....its a very discouraging lake to those who don't fish it often or don't have the right combinations. If you're going to be on the bank.....the biggest factor is the time...be there early!!!! 2nd is the spot.....many produce, but only one that I have seen produces for me every time....the penninsula ......the area where the lake is thinnest. For bait....it doesn't make any sense to me, but this rig works......2 power eggs (yellow, chartreuse or lime twist) on the hook and just below it, whacky rig a power worm (either pink or orange) Liberally apply an attractant...cod liver oil, Eagle claw Nitro trout graaavy or pro cure all work well....and as Josh said, throw it waaaaaaaayyyyy out there with a 1oz weight. Another good bait (that works everywhere) is 1 power egg and half a night crawler rigged parallel with the shank, that is blown up. Attractant or not, this is a great bait. Rainbow, chartreuse, spring green and white (garlic flavored) powerbait works well too. I recommend using 2 poles with 2 different baits. If you use lures.......Kastmasters with the technique as previously posted .....Broken back Rapala's J5 & J7 sizes in the Rainbow Trout and FireTiger colors work well.....and as always the good 'ol reliable rooster tail....in fact that was the only thing that caught any fish there last weekend(3/4oz chartreuse) .....still waiting for the water temp to come down so the trolling bite will turn on....but there are plenty of Caddis hatching in the early morning for those with fly rods ;) hope this helped, TIGHT LINES!

NorCal2500HD
10-03-2008, 03:28 PM
some good reading...trolling huh? whats the depth finder showing for depth out in the middle.....

joshc40
10-03-2008, 04:02 PM
There's a lot of good info here. Quarry lakes def. does not suck man. I remember fishing there during the summer a few years back and getting skunked every trip, not catching one fish. Now, almost everytime I go, I catch something. Haven't been there in a while though. Trout probably picked up so I'll stop by pretty soon for sure. Winter time is the best time for trout btw. I've seen people catch some huge fish. Like, ten plus pounds. Winter time is the best time at Quarry no doubt.

CountryBoy
10-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Quarry doesnt suck. its just like when people go to chabot and get skunked, and say that it sucks...

tragedyspring
10-03-2008, 05:09 PM
sorry, didnt mean to offend anyone. :-* :-* :-*

Quarry Lakes is OK for a close to home lake. It has a good catfish bite in the summer ;)

GOT2FISH510
12-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Well just wanted to let you fellow sniffers know I finally caught my first trout. I actually caught 2 trout that day about 2 to 2.5lb each. Both caught where on white power eggs with no added attration. I just casted it way way out and Bam. Fish on. Pretty cool because I just started to learn how to catch trout and what trout bait to use so it was a good learning experience. Many fellow fish sniffers where more then helpful with wonderful tips and as a whole every one was so cool on the this trout forum. THANKS

fishing_man
12-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Well i can confirm that quarry doesnt suck. Limited out today (report later on).Just got to put time into it and figure it out. I remeber when i first started fishing i sucked and never caught a fish there but it didnt discourage me. CAST FAR.Thats the best advice i ever got there. Listen to all this advice man it works. GOod luck.

F_M

NorCal2500HD
12-21-2008, 05:29 PM
yeah get the bait out as far as possible......gotta thank josh for that one...once this storm passes ill be back out there.......

78trojans
01-02-2009, 11:43 PM
is anyone going to head up that way this sunday on the 4 i should be up there around 7:30 or so on the dock ??

NorCal2500HD
01-03-2009, 12:16 AM
I might roll out there......

78trojans
01-03-2009, 12:25 AM
I might roll out there......
come threw and help out a fellow nc1320 member ;)

GOT2FISH510
01-03-2009, 09:51 PM
Im going to be fishing tomorrow early but not at the docks. I never fished on the dock before but I heard from fellow guys on the lake that dock a good spot. I been fishing that back area and been doing pretty good along with the other guys back there.

Let try to start the new 09 some trout.

78trojans
01-03-2009, 11:15 PM
ima be there tomorrow at about 730 at the docks hope this time i catch somin

78trojans
01-04-2009, 03:01 PM
went fishing from about 7-2 onl.y one fish nothing major about 16 in and about a 1.5 lb >:(

GOT2FISH510
01-04-2009, 04:29 PM
I fished the back side today and caught one 2 1/2 lb trout. After pulling up the fish I accidently stepped on my fishing rod tip and it broke. >:( so I was down to just 1 rod for the whole day. No fish after that. Left at 3:00 First nice size Trout for the 09.

78trojans
01-04-2009, 06:23 PM
I fished the back side today and caught one 2 1/2 lb trout. *After pulling up the fish I accidently stepped on my fishing rod tip and it broke. >:( * *so I was down to just 1 rod for the whole day. * No fish after that. Left at 3:00 *First nice size *Trout for the 09.
that must of sucked i was at the dock and then moved had not much luck but a tiny one so far 09 is looking like crap for me and nice bow 2.5 lb

Jetspray
01-04-2009, 06:30 PM
That is why a good tip repair kit in you tackle box and a good lighter is a good idea. They usually have a glue that you heat and apply and then you're ready in seconds to continue.....Jetspray

Jetspray
01-04-2009, 06:34 PM
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0065190321048a&type=product&cmCat=SEAR CH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=rod+tip+repair+kit&Ntk=Products&s ort=all&Go.y=9&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&_D%3Asort=+&Nty=1& hasJS=true&Go.x=7&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon% 2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

Here is one from Cabela's....Jetspray

GOT2FISH510
01-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Jetspray-
I acturally broke the rod at second eye from the top. SNAPPED. But thanks anyways.

Im going to try again Tuesday. I want to try this new scent stuff.

joshc40
01-04-2009, 09:17 PM
went fishing from about 7-2 onl.y one fish nothing major about 16 in *and about a 1.5 lb >:(

Hey guys one fish is better than no fish right? ::) Just be thankful you didnt get skunked! And sorry to hear about that fishing pole man :-/ I feel your pain, i must have broken a couple of my poles and its not a good feeling...

GOT2FISH510
01-06-2009, 05:35 PM
It wasnt really pissed that I broke and loss of the rod I was more mad that I was down to 1 rod for that day. 2 always better then one. I went sturgeon fishing today. GOT SKUNKKKEDDD. But I did catch couple King fish.

NorCal2500HD
01-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Hit up quarry today......twice. Got there at about 830, first fish of 09 was a 1lb dink....better then nothing.....Went back at 430 and got a bunch of strikes and left at 6....going back tomorrow morning at 7. :)

GOT2FISH510
01-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Norcal-
What area did you fish at and what area are you fishing tomorrow?

78trojans
01-06-2009, 10:16 PM
i probably am gonna hit up quarry lakes on sunday norcal2500hd ill call you up this weekend you down to go i dont think i seen you out there on sunday? did you go

NorCal2500HD
01-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Norcal-
*What area did you fish at and what area are you fishing tomorrow?
Fishermans row with all the fellas that are there everyday.....

Went twice today. Fishermans Row again more towards the boat launch. No hits, slow left at 1130.....went back again at 530. Fished off the dock, nightcrawlers about 18" under the surface. almost got 1 but it spit out the hook.....

Going back tomorrow morning.....gotta get as much fishing in as possible before i go back to work......the 5 year long vacation is almost over. :)

GOT2FISH510
01-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Im hitting Quarry Lakes tomorrow also. Im going to be on the back side of the Lake. Im going to try to get out there super early. Lets hope it doesnt start raining all crazy.

Good Luck. Let me know how you did.

STURIPER
01-08-2009, 06:04 AM
With all the skunk I read about are you guys using scent? If so what scent... :o

chevyguy01
01-08-2009, 08:26 AM
i use pro-cure trophy trout gel out there

joshc40
01-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Cod liver oil ;) shhh it's a quarry lakes secret ;)

GOT2FISH510
01-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Got to the Lake at 7:00 and left at 11:00. I caught 2 trout. 2 1/2lb. And the other a my largest yet 3lb. Im still trying to achieve my goal of Limiting Out. But really cant complain be/c the trout Im catching are getting bigger and bigger. I wish I could of stayed longer today.

Scent.. Shhh. ;)

Hittin the Lake again Sunday.

reefman
01-08-2009, 06:56 PM
I go to Quarry at least once a week.TROLLING I really hardly ever use scents.Everybody says that I shoud use it more often.but Ive only been skunked there a few times well probably more that but I dont count skunks I count fish.my bigggest ther is a 9 pounder one of my old employees caught a 15.6 pounder. http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1193/derek156lbssn0.th.jpg (http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=derek156lbssn0.jpg)

78trojans
01-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Got to *the Lake at 7:00 and left at 11:00. I caught 2 trout. 2 1/2lb. And the other a my largest yet 3lb. * Im still trying to achieve my goal of Limiting Out. But really cant complain be/c the trout Im catching are getting bigger and bigger. *I wish I could of stayed longer today.

Scent.. Shhh. ;)

Hittin the Lake again Sunday.

wat time you gonna be there on sunday ill be there at about 7 or so

crappieman67
01-08-2009, 07:49 PM
can you launch a cartop boat there? Also how big is the lake ?compared to Shadow cliffs, laffayette Res. Contra Loma. Looking for a place for a few hours on sunday, hitting up the ISE on saturday, hope to see some other sniffers there.

Chris

GOT2FISH510
01-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Fishing Spirit-
Now that is a Quarry Lake trout! I cant imagine reeling one of those in with my 4lb leader line. Its going to be a fight to remember when I do.

When it comes to scent to me its a must. Why not. It just ups the advantage.

78Trojan-
Sunday Im going to be there early. Probably before 7:00. Im going to fish the same spot. Back side ramp area.

joshc40
01-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Fishing Spirit-
* Now that is a Quarry Lake trout! * I cant imagine reeling one of those in with my 4lb leader line. *Its going to be a fight to remember when I do.

When it comes to scent to me its a must. Why not. It just ups the advantage.

78Trojan-

I agree with you man. I always use cod liver oil with all my baits and do pretty well most of the time. But honestly, you just need to find where the fish are and if you do scent isn't really required. It definitely helps though no doubt about that. I use Cherry flavored cod liver oil and i think it works better than regular cod liver oil somnetimes ;D
*Sunday Im going to be there early. Probably before 7:00. *Im going to fish the same spot. Back side ramp area.

NorCal2500HD
01-08-2009, 10:07 PM
Went on a fishing bender today...fished quarry from 815 to 6pm..fished the row from am until 445, then headed over to the dock....

Saw the hatchery truck dump 750lbs into the lake so the bite hopefully picks up. Its been super slow. Weird.

Was talking to a guy when one of those black fish eating birds chased this little guy up on the shore about 5ft from us. Hopefully in the future it turns out to be a whopper.....
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/norcal2500hd/bass.jpg
Got this guy at about 3pm or so......salmon eggs and white marshmallows *;)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/norcal2500hd/trout-1.jpg

M_and_M
01-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Must be nice. I'll be out there this weekend for a little fishing hopefully hit me on the celly tommorrow night pimp

78trojans
01-08-2009, 10:56 PM
wat back side ramp are are you talking about

zbone
01-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Anyone fishing Quarry tomorrow? I am thinking about trying the back side of the lake at about 9am.

78trojans
01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
whose gonna be there sunday morning?

Texan211
01-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I think im gonna be there tomorrow. Btw.... where can i buy cod liver oil and what part of the lake is fisherman's row?

NorCal2500HD
01-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Walgreens, longs, rite aid should have it....it gets messy so keep it in a plastic bag.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/norcal2500hd/quarry.jpg

GOT2FISH510
01-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Norcal2500HD in oil Container in Ziplock Bag +1

Yeah. Oil scent gets messy. I once spilled it in my tackle box and BIG MESS.

Any one know any store Local FREMONT area that sale White Powerbait Eggs? Wallmart/Big5 Sold out of white color.

NorCal2500HD
01-09-2009, 10:50 PM
i went to automall walmart and stevenson. snagged everything they had..... :o..try union city, they might have some.....ill be at quarry in the am.....might fish the backside of the lake.......we use glow in the dark rings for our strike indicators.....if you see us stop by Im the tall guy

Brian

GOT2FISH510
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
I had a change to plans and fished today/Saturday. I got the the lake at a whopping 5:45 :D To my surprise there was some one else there before me. I fished the back side ramp. I caught 3 Trout between 7:00 to 10:00 2.5+lb each. After that I just got nibbles. I left at 1:00.

I notice from the last 3 time I fished that back side Trout bite early from 7-11:00 and pretty much slow down to a crawl. So if you want to catch some trout best luck is to hit lake early.

I used-
-White Powerbait eggs
-lemon lime eggs with white worm combo
Fish Scent

I tried inflated night crawlers but trout was giving me no love.

750lb of fish was planted Thursday so there plenty of fish roaming Quarry Lakes.

Good Luck.

steveo79
01-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Cod Liver Oil...... Gag. My gramndma used to live with us when I was a kid, and she used to dose us with cod liver oil. Took forever to get that taste out of my mouth. Taught me to not complain about not feeling good.

reefman
01-10-2009, 06:42 PM
hey nor cal where did you get that picture from?

78trojans
01-10-2009, 09:57 PM
goona go hit up quarry tomorrow and ima be at the docs with my brother and his girlfriend around 7 any one else gonna be there

NorCal2500HD
01-10-2009, 11:21 PM
hey nor cal where did you get that picture from?

google maps then edited a little in photoshop....

goona go hit up quarry tomorrow and ima be at the docs with my brother and his girlfriend *around 7 any one else gonna be there

Went today fished of the peninsula for the first time.....within of 10 minutes being there first fish, got a bunch of hits. Then moved down towards the boat launch on the peninsula, nothing.....moved to the back cove where they plant the fish, bunch of hits and 1 landed fish. Going back tomorrow morning early.......Ill post pics tomorrow of todays catch......

Ive hit that lake everyday this week. Its been super slow. seems like its starting to pick back up again......

GOT2FISH510
01-11-2009, 11:28 PM
I got couple of hours to burn in the morning tomorrow/Monday. Im going to fish the back side ramp early. I give a report to see if the fishing in picking up. I know the fishing is good in the moring but after 10:00 it pretty much slow to a crawl. Lets see how it goes tomorrow.

NorCal2500HD
01-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Went on Sunday morning, nothing, moved to the dock to just try it out, nothing....went home had lunch then went out to shadow cliffs.....first 10 minutes a nice 2lb bow.....

GOT2FISH510
01-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Got to lake at 7:00. Very windy. Caught 2 good size trout. I lost my 3rd of the day biggest one yet at the end. *Went to reach down and grabbed my net and it took off on me and snapped my 6lb leader line. Would of been the biggest trout I ever caught >:( * I watched it swim away.... Pretty much went dead after 11:00 and I took off at 12:00. *Would of been much better *if it wasnt so windy. Very hard to catch trout when the wind is blowing. *I'll be back.

Norcal2500HD-
*You ever catch any Thunder Trout at Shadow Cliffs?

Texan211
01-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey Got2, where were you fishing?

NorCal2500HD
01-12-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey Got2, where were you fishing?

The lake is different everyday, try one spot and if it doesnt produce, try another......

Nah that was my first time fishing shadow cliffs, everyone next to us was like wtf.....Ill be at quarry tomorrow in the morning....

GOT2FISH510
01-12-2009, 08:47 PM
I was fishing the back side of the Lake. *I was actually surprise I caught fish today since it was crazy windy in the AM time. *So hard when your bobber going up and down from wind blowing your line. *:o But when it slow down I was able to snag me a pair and the one I lost.

Norcal---- you should try the back side of the Lake. Get out their early and cast out as far as you can. Some power eggs and your good. *+Scent *Between 8:00 10:00 you should have at least 3.
GL *Tomorrow

Im going to try to hit the Lake again Wednesday. I still have not yet Limit out so Im going to try any much as possible. I know I do it soon.

NorCal2500HD
01-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah I might hit that spot up by the back ramp.....Hit me up if you go out on Wed Im down.....
Brian

NorCal2500HD
01-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Got2fish510 check your PM's

raider_naytion
01-13-2009, 10:23 PM
was out there today and pulled out one 2lb'er and my pops in law pulled 3 nice ones totalling 7 lbs! fishermens row soaking white power eggs. thats my size 12 boot next to fish for scale example.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x214/carnes1975/12132008pics004.jpg

Fishin510
01-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Heading out there this weekend. Any advice on whats working right now?

78trojans
01-14-2009, 01:06 PM
nothing much is working out there man

office_pirate79
01-14-2009, 03:17 PM
We've had fairly good success with a green or florescent yellow Power Egg w/ white Power worm combo or just 2 eggs on a #10 hook. *Actually, my father in-law called at about 10:15 this morning and he landed a 10 lb 13 oz on green eggs/white worm fishing in the alley.

Another Quarries tip...casting far will you get you numbers/casting close will get you some size (big guys cruise the shallows). *We always have one line far and one close. *Incidentally, the 10 pounder this a.m. was caught within 10-15 yds from the shore. *Good luck *;)

OP

zbone
01-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the report office pirate!

joshc40
01-14-2009, 04:50 PM
haha office pirate is right. I do the same thing at Quarry lakes. Toss one waay out there and one close just in case ;)

office_pirate79
01-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Thank God...I'm right for once ;D! Josh...I know you have that lake dialed in as much as it can be. Thanks for the confirmation :)

OP

NorCal2500HD
01-14-2009, 10:43 PM
nothing much is working out there man

You gotta quit fishing off the dock.....lol.....Ill be out there tomorrow morning early......I was gonna go today but the beer flu got me.....

The_Pond_King
01-14-2009, 11:21 PM
I was fishing there from about 330-545 for cats around the area where they dumped the Christmas trees next to the fence. I know it's not the season, but I had to get rid of the catfish fever. When I first got there a man around the same area was already leaving with his limit of trout. I asked him what he caught them on and he got em on blue/chrome kastmaster he said. He got there at 11 but the fish didn't start biting till 3 he said. Lucky him, cause i didn't even get a nibble lol, guess I'll have to wait till summer for cats. :'(

joshc40
01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
It's all good pond king. The last few trips i've actually hooked into some nice cats while trout fishing. The biggest was a little over five pounds on a worm and marshmallow combo ;D I would suggest fishing for trout and you might get lucky and hook into some cats. But if cats are all you want, i would try a shrimp and marshmallow combo. Never tried it personally, but i've seen this man use it and he said it works great at Quarry. Good luck man and God bless.

Josh

78trojans
01-15-2009, 07:05 PM
i know i dot but damn thats a far walk to the back haha but i might go out there this sunday so *if no luck on the dock ima hit up the back no luch there ima hit up the row ;D

GOT2FISH510
01-15-2009, 07:32 PM
78trojan-
You can park in the Sequia Apartments for Free and walk to the back side of the lake. You dont have to pay for parking and when you enter the walk in gate just pay the $4 for fishing day pass and its less then a 10 minute walk. . Its leads rite to the back dirt ramp section where every one usually fishes. PM if you have any question on direction.

NorCal2500HD
01-15-2009, 10:14 PM
78trojan-
*You can park in the Sequia Apartments for Free and walk to the back side of the lake. You dont have to pay for parking and when you enter the walk in gate just pay the $4 for fishing day pass and its less then a 10 minute walk. *. Its leads rite to the back dirt ramp section where every one usually fishes. PM if you have any question on direction.
LOL...best parking is during the week early am when you can park right in front of the path/ over the bridge........Also.....Any UNCOVERED spot in the apts is fair game when it comes to parking.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/norcal2500hd/backside.jpg

NorCal2500HD
01-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Just got back from quarry.......Buddy got his first fish of the year....3lb bow fishing in the back to the right of the boat ramp....

I didnt do too well.....Went to cast and the end of my pole went in the lake.....brand new too, nothing expensive but its principle....Yeah so the water at Quarry is extremelyCOLD. Went in to about my waist and tried to see if I could find it......i know exactly where its at, well the area at least I just didnt feel like going swimming....might have to hitchhike a ride in a boat, Im sure you could see it no problem.... >:(

Texan211
01-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Any fish bites recently guys? im debating whether i should go to quarry tomorrow or Chabot. You guys think salmon eggs would work out there too?

GOT2FISH510
01-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Sorry to hear about your rod. S..T happens.

Any report on quarry lakes lately. I been reallly busy so no chance to hit the lake. I hope soon.

worble
01-19-2009, 07:49 AM
Hi All

I fished the quarry yesturday. the fishing was not bad starting trolling with a kastmaster and caught the first fish in 15 minutes trolled with the kastmaster for a while longer with no takers so I changed to a broken back rapala and bam fish on. ended up with three nice fish and lost two. not a bad day at the quarry and the weather was great. 8-)

office_pirate79
01-19-2009, 09:17 AM
My daughter and I went out on Saturday afternoon...met Pops and my cousin at about 1:00. *My girl wanted to break in her Barbie pole and she did...nailed 2 DFG planters in about 25 minutes. *The Row was pretty full...a few guys with limits. *Pops and cousin were there since about 8:00...said there were a ton of bites and CR'd a bunch of planters, but nothing of any size. *Baits that were working were 2 Power eggs (white or florescent yellow) or Power egg/Power worm combo. *The fish were up close...10-20 yds from the shore. *That place seems to have a really early and then late bite. *I'm learning that I don't need to get there when the gates open to get into some fish...I like that *:).

OP

jmeds
01-19-2009, 12:32 PM
went yesterday morning. fished the steep bank across from pier. nobody looked to be catching anything. 1500 ponds went in this week. where are the fish?

Texan211
01-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Went today.. lots of people there on fisherman's row, fished a little down from fisherman's row didn't catch anything :(. Not too many people catching today I heard a man saying that this warm weather is doing something to the fish. It was however a nice day on the lake :)

joshc40
01-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Went today and fished my usually spot on the peninsula. Ended up with one fish out of three guys >:( Gotta hit up fishermans row next time i head out to quarry. Heard that the bite is doing pretty well there from fisherman fred and other guys around me. They said that the fish were kinda on the small side though. The lake has slowed down on the peninsula so i would recommend to anyone who plans on fishing at quarry to try fishermans row. Small fish but they keep you busy ;)

NorCal2500HD
01-19-2009, 09:45 PM
My buddy got this one on sat night from the dock on night crawlers. Thats a size 10 shoe. Sat Am one of my friends got a 9lb bow from fishermans row on a blue/chrome kmaster....Ill get pics and post em up....Went out tonight and nothing.......The AM bite seems to be getting better and the night fishing isnt as eventful but the fish are a lot bigger.......Ill be out there in the morning.....
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/norcal2500hd/dfish1.jpg

NorCal2500HD
01-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Got to the lake at 7. first fish, 4 total, on at about 730 or so......LOTs of small fish were caught today up close and shallow.....guy about 20 ft to my left was using a fly rod and was hammering the little guys......he probably had about 12 fish in a hour and a half...you could see the fish swimming by....kinda crazy....they were hitting the bait and then spitting it out......shoulda used some trebles but I had to leave.....

NorCal2500HD
01-25-2009, 01:31 AM
Fished the backside today from 1 to about 5....was dead the first 2.5 hours, then all of a sudden the bite turned on like a light bulb...typical power egg/ trout worm/ cod liver combo....1 pole got hit, bringing the fish in, other pole got slammed.....total count for the day was 8 fish, 2 got off, 2 were lip hooked so we let them back in the lake for another day and 4 on the stringer...biggest was 2.5lbs

fishyman
08-15-2009, 11:13 AM
There is a good population of Smallmouth bass here too.

JPFX
08-15-2009, 01:00 PM
You do know every comment on this post is from January right? ;)

Mackattack
08-15-2009, 02:20 PM
a