PDA

View Full Version : Lake Amador

gadwalsteve
08-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Going to Amador this weekend, I do plan on doing a lot of fishing but I hear its all mainly cats and bass. Is anyone still catching trout from the bank this time of year?

camotracker
08-11-2009, 12:55 AM
you won't see any trout til about mid oct. that's if the lake is settled. but the action doesn't get good til 1st of nov

gadwalsteve
08-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Oh ok thanks for the info, I hear they are doing really well on cats, crappie, and bass. Would you know anything about that?

Old_School
08-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Dont know about current conditions, but Amador is well known for its big cats, bass, and crappie. This time of year should be good.

Good Luck!

gatorbait
08-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Oh ok thanks for the info, I hear they are doing really well on cats, crappie, and bass. Would you know anything about that?
Don't know about them cats but the bass are small and the bite is real slow. They are still stocking trout in Pardee which is about 5 miles from Amador.

gadwalsteve
08-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Sounds good thanks, then maybe I will try the cats at night I will be camping near the water so I may as well throw the lines in you never know. In the morning I will be going to Pardee then for some trout, I thought about camping at Pardee first but there is no swimming and I got the family and kids with me they only allow swimming in the pool and that ain't no fun.

FISHNJIM
08-14-2009, 05:24 AM
What kind of fish are we gonna get this year at Amador? Anybody heard what the story is over there? Is there gonna be any water? Last year was tough to launch??

Jim

Jfitalia
08-14-2009, 08:12 AM
I didnt think they allowed any swimming at amador either... I know they used to have a pond for swimming but not in the actual lake????

Jfitalia
08-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I heard its dropping again... :(