PDA

View Full Version : Headed up to Pinecrest 6/26 - 6/28

mark33
06-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Any reports from Pinecrest? My family and I will be camping and would appreciate a report on this lake. Do they still stock the lake?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Bass_Fisherman
06-18-2009, 01:27 PM
yes they stock it and its over stocked this year because of all the other lake closures and no plants.
I heard its going good up their at all the usual spots.
Drift power bait at the dam 8-)

I will be up their as well 21st -3rd of July!! See you up their.

Also hoping that the Movie Transformers will be out that Sat night ::)
http://www.pinecresttheater.com/

conrad89
06-18-2009, 03:29 PM
inlet inlet inlet powerbait at the inlet

Bass_Fisherman
06-18-2009, 03:44 PM
inlet inlet inlet powerbait at the inlet

SHHHHHHH! ;D

mark33
06-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the info. I've already read about the inlet. Really want to get my kids on some fish while we are camping. Any other nearby lakes, rivers, or streams that we can check out while we are up there?

Thanks again Sniffers!!!

Chadzilla
06-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the info. *I've already read about the inlet. *Really want to get my kids on some fish while we are camping. *Any other nearby lakes, rivers, or streams that we can check out while we are up there?
Thanks again Sniffers!!!
The South Fork of the Stanislaus (spills out of Pinecrest) is good when it gets its usual plants from DFG, but I believe it is still on the no plant list and not worth your time. The other lakes/streams in the area are not likely to produce anywhere near as well as Pinecrest, but you could head up to Kennedy Meadows (Middle Fork), Clark's Fork, or the North Tuolumne if you really want to do some stream fishing. Have a great trip!

dano
06-20-2009, 05:16 AM
Beardsley is close. Better quality fish maybe a little harder to fish.
great country. and if you camp down there be mindful of bears

trbergen
06-20-2009, 08:46 AM
LYons Resevoir is 15 min away just west of Long Barn Mi Wuk Village. Is a great fishing lake for the kids, and they will love the waterfall over the darn. Anybody know about the Lyons Canal and how you access it?
Thanks,
TR

conrad89
06-20-2009, 12:05 PM
My friend that took me there refers to it as the "PG&E Ditch) aka Lyons Canal. When you are heading up on 108 take the turnoff on the left to Twain Harte.

The fishing is really hit and miss and it really doesnt seem like fishing. The ditch is like 4 or 5 ft wide and the water is like 2 or 3 ft deep on avg. It gets fished out REAL quick. U have to know when the plant truck comes... Brookies and Rainbows. Prob a good place to take the kids to learn how to fish if its a good day tho...