PDA

View Full Version : Little Grassvalley Res.

basstuben
06-15-2009, 11:22 AM
I'll be making a camping trip with my family up to LGR and was wondering if anyone had any pointers for me. I'll be fishing for trout and small mouths. I'm a bass guy so trout is going to be a whole new ball game for me, any help would be great. Thanks

random hookups
06-15-2009, 12:07 PM
When you headed up? I'll be up there Friday thru Sunday. A friend of mine was up there this past weekend and did very well for Kokes and Rainbows. Trolling a worm behind flashers or a dodger seems to work best.

hotdog
06-15-2009, 03:16 PM
If you have downriggers, I'd troll small dodgers with a kokenut. Add shoepeg corn or scented salmon eggs to the hook. Start at 10' early in the morning and then deeper as the sun rises. I had a ball last summer with the abundant small kokes and will up there again in about month for our annual church camping trip.
Good luck and let us know how you did.

James ><<>>

basstuben
06-15-2009, 10:50 PM
When you headed up? *I'll be up there Friday thru Sunday. *A friend of mine was up there this past weekend and did very well for Kokes and Rainbows. *Trolling a worm behind flashers or a dodger seems to work best.

I'll be up there with the family this weekend, not sure which side we are camping on. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the guy pulling in all the fish ;D ;D ;D. How has your luck been with small mouths up there? What is the biggest fish you've pulled out of that lake? THanks for the tips

random hookups
06-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't bass fish much. This year the fish have all been around 12-13 inches or so and this year I have only caught kokanee. My friend that went up last weekend caught nothing but kokanee one morning and nothing but Rainbows the next morning, all around 12-13 inches. My biggest fish from that lake was a 21'' brown trout. I used to camp at the Red Feather or Little Beaver Campgrounds, love the area. We now have a cabin which makes things really easy. Are you going to be in a boat?

basstuben
06-16-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm leaving my fishing boat at home this trip (family time), so I'll be part of the "lake lice" this weekend. wakeboarding boat and a few jet skis. We are going to take the boat out in the morn and try for some fish, but in our situation, what would you recommend for us? Should we try to troll or should we stop the motor and jig a spoon? Thanks for the help.

random hookups
06-16-2009, 06:25 PM
I would troll if your boat will allow it. I haven't heard of any guys doing well jigging. I use downriggers but my friend will put 1/4 ounce or 1/2 ounce sliding sinker above his flashers and will troll a threaded worm down around 20-30 feet.

I troll dodgers with a threaded worm on a 12-16 foot leader down between 20-30 feet. The spot for best results is the area between the two beaches. I'll be in a 15 foot aluminum boat with a Johnson 15 and a Minn Kota and will have downriggers.

If you have any other questions, PM me.

basstuben
06-17-2009, 09:08 PM
I'll give it a shot and let you know how I end up...