PDA

View Full Version : Kings river

dano
06-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Never fished it before, but was invited to come up by one of the white water raft guides. I can stay and they will leave me to my own means for fishing. I am interested in the area. Usually fish further north.
Any comments welcomed and memory banked.
dano

ryanerb
06-11-2009, 11:41 AM
where on the kings river? a lot of people fish below pine flat dam, they stock it down there. the upper kings before pine flat can be running high. i think people fish up there. try a search on this board. i haven't fished up there, maybe someone else can chime in.

fresnofshfan
06-11-2009, 12:58 PM
If you are a fly guy then post up on the fly board too, lots of good anglers there to help with fly fishing..

If you are a meat and metal type of guy, here are my tips.

Crawlers and red worms are good for drifting, inflated crawlers in the slower pools. Kastmasters will get nice fish. Let them get deep and keep a tight line to keep just off the bottom.

Drive up the dirt road up river from the whitewater camp and fish your way back.

Please C&R in this area. *Upstream of garnite d y k e is barbless no limit, down stream to the lake is a 2 fish limit.Have fun.

FFF

crippled
06-11-2009, 04:20 PM
they stock 10+ lbers certain times f the year, and unfortunately this isn't that time. if you go below pine flat throw panther martins, kastmasters, and super dupers. i haven't had any luck with bait only lures. good luck and find that hold over.

dano
06-11-2009, 07:21 PM
thanks for the info guys. I guess I'd better do enough reg research before going too. Just sounds like a real fun area to try. Most of My trout fishing has always been 108/395/88/89 hwys.

ashtree1
06-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Haven't been there in a while, have some fun, will be a challenge and by all means Dano, treat her right :) :) :)

epzamora
06-11-2009, 11:03 PM
above pine flat is wild and scenic territory. they don't stock.

eric
fresno, ca.

dano
06-12-2009, 07:20 AM
all works for me. I grew up fishing all wild trout in northern ca.

bretmoua
06-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Ditto, on everything that has been said. When everything else fails, try drifting power bait or salmon eggs. That has worked for me many many years ago. I stopped fishing the area back in 2000 because it was always crowded and filled with people who didn't really know how to fish, and always crossing my line. Best of luck to you out there!