PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in the Lake Tahoe area?

LuckyIrishFan
06-05-2009, 06:34 PM
My family and I will be heading to our yearly July summer trip to the North Lake Tahoe area(Tahoe Vista area). Obviously, this is going to be my first time fishing in the Tahoe area, if I can, is my fishing license good to fish in the Tahoe area, and do I need to plan on also buying a daily permit to fish at a certain lake? I am wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to where is a good place to fish close to where I'll be staying? Also, if I could fish should I plan to fish off shore or look to rent a boat? Should I bring gear to do both trolling and bait fishing? Is fishing for trout in the Tahoe area going to slow down as well as it's going to be in the area where I live at(Hayward area)? As always, I appreciate all your help and guidance. FISH ON!

dobies
06-05-2009, 07:13 PM
We fished Tahoe last summer for macs ... we were told that our Ca license was all we needed. If in doubt, check with the local experts.

Mackattack
06-05-2009, 10:05 PM
My family and I will be heading to our yearly July summer trip to the North Lake Tahoe area(Tahoe Vista area). *Obviously, this is going to be my first time fishing in the Tahoe area, if I can, is my fishing license good to fish in the Tahoe area, and do I need to plan on also buying a daily permit to fish at a certain lake? *I am wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to where is a good place to fish close to where I'll be staying? *Also, if I could fish should I plan to fish off shore or look to rent a boat? *Should I bring gear to do both trolling and bait fishing? *Is fishing for trout in the Tahoe area going to slow down as well as it's going to be in the area where I live at(Hayward area)? *As always, I appreciate all your help and guidance. *FISH ON! * *

CA Fishing license is good at Lk. Tahoe for the entire lake(CA & NV). If I were you I would take a mack charter with one of the many guide's that are availlable. Chose one that is close to where you are staying. A boat rental is about 300 to 400 $ for the day. A guide is only about 100 $ with tip and you will get fish. Go to the mackinaw board for some insite on the local's reports up there. Ask a ? and you may rewarded with some great fishing. Typical trip starts at 5:30 or so and ends noon or sooner if you get fish. I've been on the lake for 6 hrs with a guide and i've been off the lake in 3 hrs with limits too.
P.S. if you want a referal PM me.
Mackattack

dinos marine
06-06-2009, 07:15 AM
i have shore fished the lake (all over the shoreline). it is hit and miss. the fish are there or not. mostly not. you really need a boat to fish the main lake.
ah bit the surrounding areas are great. try angora lakes. close to south shore and a lot of fish.
we fish the 88 corridor area. close to south shore, and bank fishing can be great anywhere along 88. there is the rivers, red, wood, silver, caples lake. if you want to hike, then there are even more choices.
there is also donner lake and the truckee on the north side.
good luck and tight lines