PDA

View Full Version : Loon Lake 5/29

Capt.Ken
05-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Campground and boat launch is open. *Lake is full.
Water temp was 54 degrees.
fishing was fantastic, quality holdovers dominated the action today. *Clients were able to get quick limits, size average 12-18 inches. *the best set up today was our #14 micro flasher with a firetiger worm harness tipped with half a crawler, top water down to 30 ft. *the larger fish were holding in 20-30 ft. *fish are feeding heavy on the red plankton and black ants. *these fish were a blast to catch on ultra light rods and ultra light tackle. *right now the small flashers are working fine.
Big Caution Sign Here..... [smiley=roadblock.gif] [smiley=roadblock.gif] [smiley=roadblock.gif]
Lake is extremely full, many many many many boulders just inches below the water all over the lake. *look for off color yellowish water, which usually is a big boulder lurking. *stay in the deep blue water and keep it slow a cautious.
Capt. Ken
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2834/img1892h.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5097/img1890f.jpg

notenufffishn
05-29-2009, 02:21 PM
thanks for the report, were you at the back of the lake or up front by the power house?

Jetspray
05-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Ken that is a beautiful lake to hit, campgrounds with sites for horse trailers you gotta love it. Those are some great looking trout, thanks for the warnings about the hidded rocks/boulders. Good to know that it is full though.....Jetspray

Capt.Ken
05-29-2009, 04:00 PM
notenufffishn-we were mainly in the back by the tunnel, by the boy scout camp and the rocky shorelines.

DuramaxDan
05-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Ken nice job out on Loon.I am glad it is full and has plenty of action.Looks like another trip is comming soon!!

Never
05-29-2009, 05:34 PM
ditto on the rocks- elephant sized boulders that the glaciers pushed out to the middle of the lake. Watch depth ands slow down and scan when In 30-40 feet of water. Some of those boulders make great photo-ops when the level is right.

Goncratulations on the catching, thanks for the report!

Capt.Ken
05-29-2009, 06:21 PM
guys over the past year we have heard about and been there when people have died because of the rocks. so please be carefull.
Capt. Ken

Mickey_Thomas
05-29-2009, 06:27 PM
guys over the past year we have heard about and been there when people have died because of the rocks. *so please be carefull.
Capt. KenNothing like hitting a rock when going 30 mph and taking the bottom of your boat out :-[ Good warning Ken ;)
Not to mention good report Ken, way to put your clients on fish, and quality fish too :D Were the campgrounds open??

freon
05-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Great pics and post Ken, congrats on putting your clients on some nice fish ;)
Have you tried that light rod out yet?

Capt.Ken
05-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Freon--the rod is well broke in!! Hats off to you!! thanks for building it for me. [smiley=dankk2.gif]

Were the campgrounds open??

Mickey--Go back to the top and read the first line. :D :D :o :o [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Capt. Ken

fish_junky
05-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Very good report and pics. Well done. I haven't been there in a few years. Still no dock?

Jetspray
05-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Kevin the last time I was up there they were installing the systems for a dock and a ramp for the physically impaired to enter a boat.......Jetspray

Capt.Ken
05-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Kevin, they have a real nice dock there now. the ramp is in great condition.

DuramaxDan
05-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Fished it today with granddaughter,nephew and his friend.Ken was right about the fishing it is doing well. The red plankton was in full bloom. The fish were all hold overs and two were browns. If someone wants to take a kid and have a fun day I suggest you try Loon Lake at the upper end from the top to 33ft. 75 % of the fish came on top.Running Ken's Watermelon worm harness behind watermelon dodger.

JMat
06-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey Ken,
Great job getting into the fish!!! I always seem to forget to pull the flashers out even when the bite is tough. Even though your Kokanee Killer Flashers put more fish in the boat than the other set up at UVR a couple weeks ago.

JMat