PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle 5/26

johnbfishin
05-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Hit the water late today with a friend about 9:30am. Motored down to the dam area and dropped one line with a Dodger pulling a green wedding ring tipped with an Oregon night crawler to 25' otw, another line with small ford fenders pulling a homemade spinner with an Oregon night crawler 30' otw. After about an hour, things were looking pretty bad without even a bump. This was the same friend from Oregon that fished the DV fest with me for a skunk on the boat. I tell her about Woody's post and that the bite is early, that's when I start hearing bad things. Since she manages a printing shop I'm being told that I can expect a shirt saying "JohnB's guide service sucks".....things of this nature.
Finally about 11:00, Teresa's rods gets ripped and a nice, fat 15"er comes to the boat.......salvation! About 40 minutes later my line gets hit and a nicer 16"er comes to the boat......this is even better! ;D
We had 4 other hits but nothing stuck, off the water at 3:00.
Both fish were full tailed and had pink meat. A little bit of wind kept the heat down with water temp about 72*. I didn't hear any radio chatter but talked to a couple of guys at the launch that had the same results, two bows but one was a 6#er.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3764/fishk.jpg

Prowler
05-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Good job pulling a couple out of the hat. That lake is warm!! Those fish look pretty yummy [smiley=chowtime.gif] Nice report and pics [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

LuckyIrishFan
05-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Your fishes look great to eat John. I'll be heading to DV next week, but for now I'll be taking my two brothers fishing this friday at Lake Chabot for there first time. Good luck on your next fishing trip, and FISH ON!

Woody
05-27-2009, 07:14 AM
John way to hang in there and get it done. Those fish sure are nice with full tails and pink meat.

Woody

Johnny
05-27-2009, 07:55 AM
Nice job & bet you that those taste pretty good.. pink meat thumbs up ;D Fish On

Topaz_Tom
05-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I start hearing bad things. Since she manages a printing shop I'm being told that I can expect a shirt saying "JohnB's guide service sucks".....things of this nature.

I thought I saw Farrier Frank wearing one of those shirts. ;D ;D Just kidding John, way to finally get on the fish, they do look yummy. :)

fishmaster
05-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Nice catch! Hope to hit Del Valle this Sunday with the family.

c-swirl-sean
05-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Good job Jonny-B.

Pink meat.

johnbfishin
05-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I start hearing bad things. Since she manages a printing shop I'm being told that I can expect a shirt saying "JohnB's guide service sucks".....things of this nature.

I thought I saw Farrier Frank wearing one of those shirts. ;D ;D *Just kidding John, way to finally get on the fish, they do look yummy. :)

He's probably having one made as we speak. *;D
Frank still owes me one from the the trip to Hell Hole a couple of years ago. I left HH earlier than he did and stopped at the one & only Pub in his one horse town to tell anyone that would listen that Frank didn't catch squat so if he said different he was lying. [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] I got a phone call from Frank about half way home but I can't print what he said. ;) ;D

Thanks guys, I had one fillet for dinner and it was excellent, not what I usually expect to get from DV.