View Full Version : thingy that makes your lure oscilate

05-25-2009, 04:04 PM
ok maybe just go faster and slower. I hear there is a deally you clip on your ball ( release ) that spins up a cord untill it's close to the DR ball and trips to let the cord unspin and lenghten. So it gives your lure a constant faster/slower action. I had mentioned another crazy idea( tie a snap to a short piece of line, clip that short pc to the release and clip the snap on your mainline so you can give your lure action when moving your rod.) I'm sure it would work if: the lure was large enuf to keep slack from
The ball to the boat and you trolled either not so deep or not so fast. Anyway, told my idea to a freind and he said that "they" make the thingy
I described at the top. Heard or seen such a device? It would be cool to troll a spoon deep, and make it flutter. About my idea I think a large bead with a loop of line tied onto it and threaded on your line would be kinder to yur line.

05-25-2009, 04:30 PM
It was called a downjigger and sold in Canada from a Lodge up there. I don't think they are in business anymore nor do I think the setup is sold anymore. It looked like a fish with a propeller on the snout, rigging inside and clip on tail line. It would let out line then pull it back.....Jetspray

05-25-2009, 07:18 PM
yes it is called a downjigger. I bought one for my dad about 15 years ago at fishermans warehouse. It worked great as long as you kept your trolling speed at a certain speed, you kind of had to mess with it and figure it out, but we did catch alot of trout up at berryessa.