PDA

View Full Version : M.I.T.?

keviwa
05-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Heading up to silver, Red, Caples and the Carson this weekend. Leaving from Sacramento. Is MIT open or do I need to go up 88?

jbem777
05-15-2009, 04:50 PM
There are no fish in the Carson. Really, I fished it yesterday, all day, for three fish. I checked out the regular spots and also did some hiking. Most fish were caught about a mile it so plan on doing some walking if you want to find them.

Not sure about the roads as I came from the Nevada side but by the looks of it, almost all of the snow has melted in that area.

Prowler
05-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Okay, I give up.....Where is M.I.T.? (besides Massachusettes)

calamari
05-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Morman Immigrant Trail unless it's Massachuset's Institute of Technology. Using acronyms is only confusing.

JMat
05-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Morman Immigrant Trail unless it's Massachuset's Institute of Technology. Using acronyms is only confusing.
M.I.T is in Massachusetts ;D. M.E.T.(Mormom Emmigrant Trail) starts in El Dorado County at Jenkinson Lake

phengly
05-15-2009, 05:55 PM
I drove it a few days ago going from Sly Park and heading west. It's open but plan for some debris in the road as you get higher up- nothing big just some rocks and branches and small patches of snow. I made it almost to 88 but someone had blocked the road with about 2-3 feet high snow. I turned back around because I did not have a shovel. I sure wish I was in a 4x4 that day.

calamari
05-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Jmat, Quite correct sir about MIT v. MET however it's actually spelled both ways. I used plug-n-jug's letters as I thought that it was what he meant. As far as Masachew****s, I cut fire wood today and have been deep in the whisky and soda to celebrate another year's worth of heat on hand. I blame myself. ;D

fat_fish
05-15-2009, 07:21 PM
report back p-n-j...maybe they'll plant while you're there. red should be worth the trip....mmmm brookies...can't wait.

ff