PDA

View Full Version : Enough little wimpy trout, here's my normal stuff

mrsockeye
05-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Alright guys, don't get used to me posting pics of 6" Brook Trout. *I had to go out and redeem myself today. *My wife went cell phone shopping after work today, so that meant that I didn't have to be at home. *I took the chance to sneak out to Pyramid and it turned out to be a good choice. *The first fish was the biggest of the day, and I landed it about a half an hour after getting there. *All told, I landed 7 fish with about 10 hookups. *The fish were stacked up like cordwood, but they weren't on the bite. *They've got reproduction on the brain.
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3935/1020550.jpg (http://img11.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1020550.jpg)
Anyhow, not bad for 3.5 hours after work.

Captain Compassion
05-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Beautiful Mike. Worth spending a little time in the afternoon.

CC

fish10plus
05-11-2009, 09:17 PM
I finaly figured it out "off the ladder" you alway talk about. Didnt want to sound stupid by asking. But by the looks of it you guys are letteraly takeing ladders out into the water. Ill have to try that at some of my local lakes looks like fun. Oh yeah nice looking fish.

Darin
05-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Sweet..nice fish. Sounds like it was a great day out there. I bet you wish the wife would go cell shopping more often. There's nothing wrong with 6" Brook trout either ;) I like catching the little wild bows and browns around here. I always make sure to take a picture of the 3-6" class more than the 12-16"class, more unique I guess and i always wonder if they will survive much longer being at the bottom of the food chain. I figure they didn't drop out of the sky so Mama and Papa must be around somewhere ;)..Think of it as a motivator to keep you coming back ;) At least thats what I keep telling myself ;D Thanks for the report as always

FFG

LuckyIrishFan
05-12-2009, 04:26 AM
Awesome fish! I would say, good choice in choosing to go fishing...I would of done the same thing, too.

GCinGV
05-12-2009, 04:50 AM
Another great catch Mike.
One thing Iíve found is that if youíre irritating enough the wife will make you go fishing. This approach isnít without its hazards though.
Gary

hooks
05-12-2009, 04:59 AM
Big fish or little fish, it's all fishing and all fun to me.. A 10" brown feels pretty big on an ultralight set-up.

Nice way to spend the afternoon! Thanks for the report and picture Mike.

:)

Steelhead1
05-12-2009, 05:58 AM
Awesome fish, I have to get out to Pyramid.

Mackattack
05-12-2009, 06:39 AM
Nice fish Mike. I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Hope I get one like that.

Mackattack

GOLDENTROUT
05-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Macks what Macks ;) You need to change your name to Mr.Oncorhynchus clarki ;D ;D ;D
Good job Mike! Thats a nice fish!
Did you send Rick that one from your trip?

Jetspray
05-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Mike if I make it out there on Fri or Sat and you are out there hooking those fish, give me a yell. I am gonna try that area and towards the mushroom......Jetspray

kokanee slow
05-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Great fishing! Thanks for the post and pic!