PDA

View Full Version : Camping by the bay

rk2fish
09-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Can any of you guys recommend a decent camping spot close to the SF bay or San Pablo Bay? We usually camp at Brannan Island when we fish the delta, but we wanted to try the bay one day and maybe* San Pablo bay the next. A couple of months ago I remember a sniffer, I think twoelk48, camping in the parking lot in Berkely marina. Is that still allowed?

bigbertha
09-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Yep! Camping in the berkeley marina lot is allowed. Plenty of room these days as the hali season has begun to slow down. We are still fishing though!!

Seon
09-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Yep!* Camping in the berkeley marina lot is allowed...

Whoa...just for clarification, you can not camp overnight in a MH or trailer. They do however allow trucks with camper and camper shells. That's what the Harbor Master told me when Okie and I were going Halibut fishing for a couple of days.

rk2fish
09-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I'll have a overhead camper, so no worries there. Do you have to use that pay machine and pay for the boat launch for the next day to stay overnite or is the day launch good for 24 hours.

chelsea92
09-16-2009, 01:34 PM
There's also camping at China camp in San Rafael which gives you acess to San Pablo bay.If your bringing a boat there's no launch there, you can launch at Loch Lomand which is a few miles away.

Bakkie
09-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I'll have a overhead camper, so no worries there. Do you have to use that pay machine and pay for the boat launch for the next day to stay overnite or is the day launch good for 24 hours.

The launch passes expire at 23:59 so you'll have to buy 2 if you pick Berkeley. :-/

Fishmeister
09-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Be careful if you camp at Berkley. A buddy of mine got a ticket for not displaying his ticket correctly. He put it so it was backward. Still readable but not facing the right way. Everyone wants to get their hand in your pocket these days.

Seon
09-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Be careful if you camp at Berkley.* A buddy of mine got a ticket for not displaying his ticket correctly....
....* Everyone wants to get their hand in your pocket these days.

And that's why I cut my pockets out* :o.

BTW I've never been but isn't Berkeley just a parking lot, not a camping site?

rk2fish
09-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Yea Seon its just a parking lot, but if you try to look on the internet of places to camp by the bay, you'll find there is not much around if you want to stay near Berkely.

Fishmeister
09-18-2009, 12:19 AM
If you are in a pick-up camper and keep it quiet and don't pull out the BBQ etc. The harbormaster at Richmond will usually let you stay in the parking lot. A guest slip is $12 and includes the showers and gate access.

ric1ric
09-18-2009, 12:42 AM
Thats what we do at Berkley get a slip that gets you gate key, key to the showers, and a parking pass. Then they won't mess you.