PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Trophy fish Report & Rainbow plant Cave R

St._Denis
04-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Monday morning NDOW planted 10 to 15 inch Very Heathly Rainbows at Cave Rock... I saw them. Also several reports of rainbows and browns have been taken / reported at Sand Harbor , Eagle Point/ Flat, and Deadman pt./Skunk point. Side kick ( seps) and worm /small minnow or small chrome dodger with worm/ minnow( medium) .Water surface temps are 48 and 49 degrees. up at sand harbor temps 49 and 50 !! *The Range of 52 to 57 degrees is the " Wonder " Temps particularly at Lake Tahoe for Topline Action to Tahe off !! * * Also the * " * 2008 Trophy Fish Report *" * is out and here is the address... http://www.ndow.org/fish/trophy/08_trophy_fish.pdf * . Nice BIG fish and reports in it for Nevada/ Tahoe/ Pyramid/ etc. We also got a little 23 pound Monster mack and you can see it on Mackinaw Board. Cave rock ramp will be 5: 00am to 8:00pm on the 1 st. and lake forrest 9:00am to 6:00pm ( May 18th the hours are supposedly to be 5:00am to 11:00pm) . I have been talking to Bill Champion and others ( for months) to try and get this summer hours back on track for Public Use as it was meant to be. Cave rock hours may change....but not at this time. * " You Have to Stand Up for For Your Rights in order to Keep Them " M Luther King 1961 * *Aloha !!! * gst * *Enjoy!! * ::)

Mackattack
04-24-2009, 06:58 AM
Thanks Gene those times look alot better. [smiley=clappingcheesehead.gif] *

*Mackattack

St._Denis
04-24-2009, 07:07 AM
Thanks MacAttack !!! Say hello to th Capt. for me !!! Yesterday we were in Shorts and sweating and this Morning we have a " WHITE OUT BLIZZARD" up here at the Lake !!! Go Figure !! aloha!! gst :-?

St._Denis
04-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Too respond to phone calls.... The only other public ramps that we have at Tahoe are Sand Harbor and El Dorado ....and they are closed to Trailor Boats due to Low water at this time . Aloha !!! gst ;)

cgagex3
04-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Gene,
Noticed your name in that trophy report in a few places. *8-)Interesting span of information available there. They put together a pretty nice package.
Thanks for the info on the lake.

CG

St._Denis
04-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks CG !!! *The Fish Plantings in California have been Radiclly Cut Back ...... Because *Some *F#$%&*()#$$$^ *Students from Stanford University Sued And Won against the State of California Fish And Game to Stop Fish Plants in California that have not had EAR's done to show impacts on Enviroment!!!!! *The Students try every year to Sue and Win Meaningless Court Battles to let Them " Beat thier Chest " and Show thier Mastery on the California Court System somewere and this to Help them Pass College!!!........However I believe the Whole Lawsuit Win is MUTE, due to Main and Unadulterated Single fact That the No EAR Has Been Done on the Infestation of Stanford Students in the USA or the Impacts on the High Sierra's limited Water Sources and Land Use for All of the People of the State of California ..... and for that matter the Whole Western US !!!! *I have been involved in research and Writing EAR's for the Goverment and the Money and Resources Tied up in Our Court System for these" JOY Ride " lawsuits is in the MILLIONS, Every year and Someone or Something has to stop it or Due Something about it!!!! Kids with Zits are Changing Your Future and Removing Your rights in the state of California at an Alarming Pace for a Passing Grade!!!...... Stay informed and stay Vigilant !!! * * Aloha !!! * gst * *;)

Captain Compassion
04-24-2009, 04:34 PM
NDOW does a good job with their trout. Out of Mason Valley they use what they call Tahoe Strain out of Marlette lake. The seem to be somewhat bigger this year. Just this week I caught a couple of 14 inchers out of Davis Creek Pond. Beautiful fish for stockers. Very dense and well over a pound each. Thanks for the report Gene.

http://www.graywave.org/sniffer/nbow.jpg

CC

St._Denis
04-24-2009, 08:22 PM
You have that right Capt. Compassion !!! NDOW Rocks !!! Tahoe would ZERO fish plants without them !!! Good Fishing this weekend and Eric says Hi !! Aloha !! gst ::)

JefffromLivermore
04-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Sir, It's not the fault of Stanford Students that CA doesn't follow it's own rules.

That being said...good luck and please keep posting monster Mac reports.

Thanks CG !!! *The Fish Plantings in California have been Radiclly Cut Back ...... Because *Some *F#$%&*()#$$$^ *Students from Stanford University Sued And Won against the State of California Fish And Game to Stop Fish Plants in California that have not had EAR's done to show impacts on Enviroment!!!!! *The Students try every year to Sue and Win Meaningless Court Battles to let Them " Beat thier Chest " and Show thier Mastery on the California Court System somewere and this to Help them Pass College!!!........However I believe the Whole Lawsuit Win is MUTE, due to Main and Unadulterated Single fact That the No EAR Has Been Done on the Infestation of Stanford Students in the USA or the Impacts on the High Sierra's limited Water Sources and Land Use for All of the People of the State of California ..... and for that matter the Whole Western US !!!! *I have been involved in research and Writing EAR's for the Goverment and the Money and Resources Tied up in Our Court System for these" JOY Ride " lawsuits is in the MILLIONS, Every year and Someone or Something has to stop it or Due Something about it!!!! Kids with Zits are Changing Your Future and Removing Your rights in the state of California at an Alarming Pace for a Passing Grade!!!...... Stay informed and stay Vigilant !!! * * Aloha !!! * gst * *;)

June first
04-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info Gene.
Great to see you back on the sniffer board!!
Welcome back...... I missed your Mac reports :o

St._Denis
04-25-2009, 03:21 PM
It's ok Jeff! *This is still a free country and you do have a valid point. I just wish that instead off picking apart a" already under fire " planting system ( I must say I have worked for fish and game directly and under ) , I believe that if the students wanted to Help... they could intiuate and /or help in a systamatic EAR program for the lakes involved and address one lake at a time ie....1,2,3,4,5,6,7 until complete....this would give each graduating class for years and years something Useful to Accomplish and Be Apart Of with Pride....... Not , we got them . Every Civilization has risen and fallen due to Over Spending it" resources ............. in people and Currency.....But ,I bable and You do have a valid point . I also must say, *that as One who has been in the Field and Made a Difference , that There is nothing Like Like it in the World ..... and Fish and Game Would Not Have Gotten This Far Without Volunteers Such as Weeza and the rest of the Sniffer Crew !! *F and G are the only" Put " for the Game and Rest of the State is Doing the "Takeing" !!! *Ali, it's simply a Math problem. At this Rate I see Fishing as somthing our great grand kid's children may not ever experience except in History Books . * June First, *good to here it and leave me a Few !!! * *Aloha !!! * gst * *;)

Mr_Ed
04-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Stanford sucks....

GO Cal !!

St._Denis
04-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Right on Mr. Ed !!! But really, they Both have provided some Great Games over the Decades !!! Aloha!! gst ;)

Mackattack
04-25-2009, 08:24 PM
A bit off subject but have you taken your kid on one of those hike/fishing adventures we love to read about near the Lake of the Sky recently ?

Mackattack

St._Denis
04-27-2009, 05:27 AM
Took Eric out Fishing last week and He Had his 12 pound mackinaw picture he caught then in the Tahoe Tribune and a Nice Article about it by Mack the Naw !!! Took Eric out to Hope Valley yesterday and watched him hook into some nice silver rainbows !! Alot of happy anglers out there !! Aloha !! gst ;)

St._Denis
04-28-2009, 05:55 AM
Got a call from Ken Castille ( from folsum) and he took his wife and mom to sand harbor for a picnic / fish trip this last sat. His rod was in water for 15 minutes ...before it started bending over and Pulled out of the sand and started to Go into the Lake !!! He literally jumped onto it and the fish was Still on !!! 15 minutes later, after Leaping all over the Lake, He was able to Net the Critter!!! He Had a Beautiful 8 pound 12 oz and 28 inch long Tahoe Rainbow !!!! He said it had a large red Stripe and Starp Clean fins and skin !!! After pictures He releaseded the awesome Rainbow and He got 2 more srtikes .... but no more Hookups.... but What a Hookup !!!His Wife said " We should visit Lake Tahoe more often Honey " !!! Aloha !!! gst :o

Mackattack
04-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Now thats what i'm talking about,an 8lbr off the shore. Woo Hoo.

*Mackattack

St._Denis
04-28-2009, 06:43 PM
That's the third nice Rainbow from shore that I have heard of Mac Attack! *The other rainbows were caught at cave rock at 5 pounds and a fat *6 pounder from the vista parking north of cave rock and walk down. Worms, power bait and minnows caught all three. * *aloha !! * gst * *:D

Mackattack
04-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Man=o=man I wish the cabin at CR was available this year, its rented to a writer with block. I bet if he fished thered be no block ! Keep catchin the bigguns Tahoe visitors.

Mackattack

SurfRider8
04-28-2009, 09:10 PM
F&^% stanford

BEAR POWER!!!

St._Denis
04-30-2009, 05:36 AM
Right on SurfRider8 !!! Rose Bowl here We come !! gst :D

djh
04-30-2009, 03:28 PM
The other rainbows were caught at cave rock at 5 pounds and a fat *6 pounder from the vista parking north of cave rock and walk down.
What's the surface water temp now Gene..

St._Denis
05-01-2009, 05:27 AM
Water surface temps are at 49 plus or minus a degree . ;) gst

St._Denis
05-01-2009, 07:44 PM
P.S. Emerald Bay was 45 to 47 . gst ::)

Jetspray
05-02-2009, 04:28 AM
Gene what time do they show up for inspections at what ramp? Kinda would like to try after the storm blows over. Do I have to bring $100 bills to pay my way in? Someone said that if you have a live well you need more. One of these days it will come.......Jetspray

St._Denis
05-02-2009, 02:11 PM
Jetspray at cave rock they are opening the Gate at 5:00am to 7:00pm ( according to Zhands ) and Lake Forrest(hooks) 6:00am to 8:00pm . On The 18th lake forrest is to open at 5:00am to 11:00pm .Launch fee at Cave rock is going to be 10 or 15 bucks...or more..... then Inspection fee of around 30 bucks for your Vessel or more ......."If it Pass's inspection " to enter the Lake. I tried to launch at cave rock this morning and it was too windy with Big Waves .... so I took my clients over to Obexters.......... No one at 8:00am .... no one at 8:30am *....there the nice sign says they open then at 8:30 and thier Recording says they open at 8:00am..... the dude walking around there said " We're not open as we got no one to inspect boats"....... So we drove down to Lake Forrest were the only boat launched ...... got limits of 2 to 6 pound *Mackinaw Lake Trout in 3 hours and came home. Gas at Tahoe City was $2.69 a gallon for the cheapest...... South Lake Tahoe has gas for $2.39 a gallon for the cheapest. Cave Rock has plenty of water for clearance of Big boats and Lake Forrest has just enough for my 20 foot alumaweld to launch with my Yukon exhaust in the water !!! Hope that helps !!! * Aloha !! * gst * :)

Jetspray
05-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks for the information Gene it sounds like usual make a rule to follow then no one shows up to enforce it or take fees. I gotta get up there soon.....Jetspray

St._Denis
05-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Jetspray, you will need at least one hundred and 30 bucks to come up for one day of fishing at tahoe with the inspection fee and Gas. Multiple days at Tahoe in your boat would be more Econonmical as you would only have one inspection fee. Other wise a local guide would be cheaper . Aloha !! gst 8-)