PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 4/26

Skippy
04-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Fished Pardee Sunday and had a pretty good day.

Started out the morning top lining Rapalas for a couple of strikes and no sticks.

Then, taking a page from mikeandkristy's book, we did some bait fishing using Power Eggs. *We ended up catching 16 fish (6 released) for the two of us. *

They do seem to like the lemon lime Power Eggs, however, I did catch two on pink Power Eggs and one on an inflated night crawler too. Everything was caught way up in the river arm.

Anyway, thanks for the tips mikeandkristy. *It made a big difference.

-Skippy

xxxxxx
04-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Are power eggs a artificial bait?? and how do you fish them? Do they float? I have seen them but never used them. did you troll them?

Thanks,
Reel Fun

Skippy
04-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Are power eggs a artificial bait?? and how do you fish them? Do they float? I have seen them but never used them. did you troll them?

Thanks,
Reel Fun
Are power eggs a artificial bait?? - Yes, much like Powerbait except they're preformed into little balls and are more rubber like in texture.

how do you fish them? - Just like Powerbait. *Fish them with a sliding sinker off the bottom.

Do they float? - Yes, much better than Powerbait in my opinion.

did you troll them? - No, but you could try.

The nice thing about the Power Eggs is that I was able to use the same one to catch multiple fish. *They seem to hold up very well.

-Skippy

ajaxfishing
04-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Skippy, thanks for the report. I plan on hitting Pardee on Wednesday, but being a stubborn Dane, I will probably stick to trolling. If I get really desperate, I might try the Power Bait; I have a few jars in my tackle box, and I've had good luck with them before. Does color really make a difference, or do they just bite anything if they're really hungry? Also, how deep was the water where you were? Anyway, thanks again, Brojo.

ixlatall
04-27-2009, 10:39 AM
As many times as Ive bought power bait with the power eggs right next to them and the thousands of times Ive fished with powerbait I can't recall every using power eggs. Not sure why not. I mostly fish out of my boat now, but I'm going to have to get some and give them a try. I know they have to be less mess on the hands.

freon
04-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Great report Skippy, glad to see that you two slayed :)

for all of those that are interested, i have fished with a lot of power eggs, they float very well, are very hardy, hard for the fish to get them off of the hook and you can troll them, there was a time that this worked at amador. They have no mess to deal with and fish love them. a good tip is to put them on you line before putting a worm on to make it irresistable.

bassmanben
04-27-2009, 02:06 PM
white power eggs = killer

PapaGreg
04-27-2009, 02:10 PM
:)

PapaGreg
04-27-2009, 02:11 PM
:)brojo, not sure if color makes a difference, but today I caught trout on: an orange worm, a green worm, a pink worm and two on yellow power eggs, go figure.

skippy, way to go.

Skippy
04-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Skippy, thanks for the report. I plan on hitting Pardee on Wednesday, but being a stubborn Dane, I will probably stick to trolling. If I get really desperate, I might try the Power Bait; I have a few jars in my tackle box, and I've had good luck with them before. Does color really make a difference, or do they just bite anything if they're really hungry? Also, how deep was the water where you were? Anyway, thanks again, Brojo.
Brojo,

I'm really not sure if color makes that much of a difference or not. *I only really used the Lemon Lime and Pink colors. *My buddy used white for a good part of the day and didn't catch anything on it.

We were fishing in anywhere from 10ft to 25ft of water.

Good luck on Wednesday!

white power eggs = killer
bassmanben, I would think white would be "killer" too, but it caught nothing on Sunday. *I will have to try it again though.

..................a good tip is to put them on you line before putting a worm on to make it irresistable.
Freon, that's actually a pretty good idea. *I use night crawlers for a while, but never thought about adding a power egg with the crawler. *I'll have to give that a try.

-Skippy

mikeandkristy
04-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Hey Skippy!

we are so glad our tips helped you out. The fish just love those power eggs. We try to keep all colors of them in the tackle box.
Sometimes they may not like a certain color but can't resist a different color.
I will use a power egg and a pumped worm on occasion. Mike will only use power eggs and nothing else. Seems to pay off.
Now you know our secrets, If you have any we are listening!!!
Congrats on the great 16 fish day! ;D
Mike and Kristy.

Skippy
04-29-2009, 11:27 AM
...........Now you know our secrets, If you have any we are listening!!!
I wish I had some secrets to pass along to you, but I've only been fishing for trout for a short time now.

I have gathered some pretty good information about trolling Rapalas and have had some success, but if you've been reading all the Camanche reports (especially Kokemachine's), then you know pretty much everything I know.

However, if I learn anything new, I'll make sure to include it in my reports for all the Sniffers.

-Skippy