PDA

View Full Version : Pyraymid Fest recap!

chicofishrmen
04-19-2009, 07:18 PM
1st and foremost I want to say thanks to Montana, as the flies he provided generated a lot of $$ for the lottery drawing for prizes ( Montana, I tried to sell them separate, but you know how that goes....) But I'm proud that as a group we raised a bunch of $$ for the make a wish foundation! And thanks to everyone who donated to the raffle! With the DVD proceeds, we should be able to help out a great deal! The weather was great, *the company was better and that's what it's all about! The fishing was pretty good but FishJunky & Ron *you suck! http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2008/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif

All in all, one for the books!
Chico

PS. *Thanks BigB, at least I didn't drop a full beer in your 5th wheel, for once! http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2008/Templates/Forum/default/rolleyes.gif

Captain Compassion
04-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks Chico. You picked the dates and the weather couldn't have been better.

CC

zhands
04-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Thank You Chico, I had a great time. It was nice to meet you. Since there are more than 3 P-Fest posts maybe they should go up top together. Just a suggestion so they don't get lost on this busy board.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Z

Mickey_Thomas
04-20-2009, 05:04 AM
Thanks Chico for everything you did to pull this off, I thought Chick was in charge ;) :D ;D Montana', great looking flys, you did good :)

Jetspray
04-20-2009, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the setup Chico, it is always nice to have a fellow pyro on hand for the "BOMBFIRE". Did you ever find your chair? This fest was my best. Weather was perfect no SNOCKS (snow rocks), no wind, no dust storms, no rain, just sunny and warm.......Jetspray

MontanaN8V
04-20-2009, 06:23 AM
Thanks Mickey, sounds like it was one for the books.

CHICKFISHING58
04-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Thanks Chico for everything you did to pull this off, I thought Chick was in charge ;) :D ;D Montana', great looking flys, you did good :)

Mickey are you trying to start trouble ;D

Nice job Chico the weather was perfect ;)

Mickey_Thomas
04-20-2009, 09:55 AM

Mickey are you trying to start trouble ;D

Nice job Chico the weather was perfect ;)
You know how we all love to tease you Chick, trouble? no way ;D Hey, did you post up that pic' of that "toad" you caught this weekend?

MontanaN8V
04-20-2009, 09:59 AM
All I want to know is did anyone catch a fish on my flies? I sent some to twoelk, and some others, but have not heard back.

Mickey_Thomas
04-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Hey Montana, they we're given out till Saturday night at the pot luck, don't know if anyone fished them Sunday, we only fished 2.5 hours Sunday and packed it up. I'm sure one of the winners will post up about your flys sooner or later ;) If not at Pyramid, they will do good at Eagle and Stampede I'm sure. ;) When you see Chick's crowd pictures you'll see why it was a little confusing, probably 100 sniffers in the group with families, :o and it's a sniffer rule, what goes on at the fest stays at the fest ;D ;D ;D

MontanaN8V
04-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Roger that. I am glad everyone had a great time, and it sounds, like some nice fish were caught.

tc
04-20-2009, 04:32 PM
I've really gotta apologize for not making the Fest, the wife and I were planning on it, and I had my Menu planned, but the scheduling with my Son, down at Stanford overruled everything else. We had to drive up to the Klamath, to get our Trailer, then pull it down to Redwood City, which was the closest RV Park to Stanford we could find, all went well there, other then hitting Hwy. 80 from 101 at 8:30 in the morning, pulling a 30' Trailer, I forgot how crazy California drivers were in the Bay Area. The wife is settled down in the RV Park for the next three months with the Boy, and I'm back in Reno, paying the bills. We were certainly there in spirit. Anybody out there tight with the Big Man, we would appreciate any prayers for the Boy's Stem Cell transplant.

Tight Lines

Tom

clamkin
04-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Tom, nothing but good thoughts for your boy. Fishing will happen another day when he can join you on the water.

Martinez Frank
04-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Chico, thanks for putting this together, it was one for the record books good job. Now, who is going to do the DVD?

troutfan
04-20-2009, 05:31 PM
I've really gotta apologize for not making the Fest, the wife and I were planning on it, and I had my Menu planned, but the scheduling with my Son, down at Stanford overruled everything else. *We had to drive up to the Klamath, to get our Trailer, then pull it down to Redwood City, which was the closest RV Park to Stanford we could find, all went well there, other then hitting Hwy. 80 from 101 at 8:30 in the morning, pulling a 30' Trailer, I forgot how crazy California drivers were in the Bay Area. *The wife is settled down in the RV Park for the next three months with the Boy, and I'm back in Reno, paying the bills. *We were certainly there in spirit. *Anybody out there tight with the Big Man, we would appreciate any prayers for the Boy's Stem Cell transplant.

Tight Lines

Tom
after reading this all I can say is God bless you and your family and prayers go out for speedy recovery.

metalmouth
04-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Tom, My prayers are with your son, you and your family as well!

God Bless!

Don

Jetspray
04-20-2009, 07:40 PM
I wish I could help but I pray for a good outcome. TC my prayers are with you and your family my friend.....Jetspray

Martinez Frank
04-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Chico, thanks for putting this together, it was one for the record books good job. Now, who is going to do the DVD?

TC I am praying for you guys

Mackattack
04-20-2009, 09:24 PM
TC no worries mate your family comes first, dont hesitate to vent here if you need to.

Mackattack

Mackattack
04-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Me thinks this is the place to thank those that organized this most awesome adventure in P-Fest history in my short time becoming friends with you. Lets start with chico(great planning guy,Big B awesome job on the tee's,The Sister Hood for taking care of my wife when I was fishing(Dee,Kelli,Hilda,Beth,and some gal's who get together without us guy's). The firewood was the bomb. Thanks to those that added to chico's addiction and mine for the the pyro flame thing.(we did good and had some left for the die-hard campers for Sunday/Monday). The food was to die for and the desserts to live for(thanks dee). I could go on and on but you get the drift. Tom send me your address again for fest pics dvd. (Its gonna be a good one with all the fish caught)

Mackattack

Mackattack
04-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Now me thinks this is a good place to thank my boat Cptns for a graet time. Lets start with Jetspray as I just got done setting up camp and turned the VHF on when;Hello is there a sniffer that wants to fish on my boat. Ok i'm there and two hrs latter back to the beach with two in the bucket(thanks Dave). Sat. morning its with,oddie-okie-CC and me. What a great trip that was. Sunday morn back on the water with okie,set-the hook(I think). It was a great to see Bill jump from the seat(he's still got it)in between the BS we all were throwing.

Mackattack

okie
04-21-2009, 05:24 AM
tc, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. we wish your son a rapid and complete recovery.
yes, i think this fest was the best i've been to, couldn't beat the weather, compradreship, fishing, and dont forget the food. ken the bear chili was great, that was the 2nd time i've ate bear, both thanks to you, and tks for the flutters and spoons, what an artist.
oddie, thanks for the ride, it's always a pleasure to ride with you.
and all the others that i met, fished with, bs'd with, it was great.
hopefully this fall we can have as much fun, i doubt that we could beat it all coming together like this one did.
and doc, nice to see you again, have a safe trip home.
bill

CHICKFISHING58
04-21-2009, 10:40 AM

Topaz Tom is doing the DVD if you guy's want you can email me your pictures at chick1958@aol.com and I will put them on a CD for Tom.

TC,
My prayers are with you and your family ;)

freon
04-21-2009, 11:26 AM
Beth, I really dont think you want me to email you my pics as they are rather large in size and will crash your email in short order. I can make a disk and send it to whomever, but I need a name or address.
thanks,

HighSierra_Drifter
04-21-2009, 08:23 PM
author=chicofishrmen link=1240197507/0#0 date=1240197507]And thanks to everyone who donated to the raffle! With the DVD proceeds, we should be able to help out a great deal

All in all, one for the books!
Chico

So who won the Team Daiwa Flippin' Stick? Just trying to keep Mickey honest here ;)

Steve

freon
04-21-2009, 08:45 PM
So who won the Team Daiwa Flippin' Stick? Just trying to keep Mickey honest here

Steve, I think Mickey did, in fact, I think he won all of the prizes :o ;D
And to think that I was under the impression that we only got to put our name in the hat one time :-? ;D ;D