PDA

View Full Version : Trout season opener?

trouttroller
04-17-2009, 08:11 AM
I was checking google and it said that the opener is April 25th for the streams in California. Can somebody let me know if this is true? I live up near Carson and wanted to hit the streams on 88.

GutHookd
04-17-2009, 08:58 AM
You should check the reg book.

The Valley district never closes, but the Sierra District opener is April 25th.

fat_fish
04-17-2009, 09:16 AM
it's true...next sat is the day (opener). hey bro...how does red, silver, and caples look...any thawing action?

ff

Captain Compassion
04-18-2009, 10:25 PM
The lakes along highway 88 are open for fishing however most are still frozen. The East and West Carson rivers in California are still closed to fishing but will open on April 25th. The exception to this is that the E. Carson River below Hangmans Bridge is open to fishing all year with a zero limit and barbless hooks. The carson i9n Nevada is open all year.

CC

troutfan
04-19-2009, 03:23 AM
The lakes on Sr-88 are open to fishing but still frozen. Unfortunately the ice is dangerous and if you decide to go out on them make sure your will is in order. ;) ;D

atavuss
04-19-2009, 07:24 AM
so, what is everyone's guess for ice out at Silver, Caples, Red Lakes for this year? middle of May?

troutfan
04-19-2009, 07:33 AM
so, what is everyone's guess for ice out at Silver, Caples, Red Lakes for this year? *middle of May?
I think Red could be a couple of weeks since the ice is already quite thin and some warm weather is forecast in the short-term. ;)

Captain Compassion
04-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Ed, mid May is a good guess but as TF sez it depends on weather. You can depend on the fact that I'm keeping my eye on this area. ;)

CC

troutfan
04-19-2009, 07:44 AM
Ed, mid May is a good guess but as TF sez it depends on weather. You can depend on the fact that I'm keeping my eye on this area. ;)

CC

Yeah I don't think we could have a more diligent scout for the 88 corridor than CC.

hunkfisher
04-19-2009, 10:39 AM
The lakes on Sr-88 are open to fishing but still frozen. *Unfortunately the ice is dangerous and if you decide to go out on them make sure your will is in order. ;) ;D
Us sniffers will make sure your fishing gear doesnt go to waste ;D ;), It must be warm out in the interior its gorgeious here on the north coast i worked up a sweat walking from my house to my office (roughly 3/4 mile) I hear theres some snow on the forecast for the opening weekend????

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Captain Compassion
04-19-2009, 12:51 PM
I hear theres some snow on the forecast for the opening weekend????

Brad. Wash your mouth out with soap!! >:( :( ::) ;)

CC

hunkfisher
04-19-2009, 01:03 PM

CC

BRING IT ON!!!!! CC I had my best day when the sky froze last year, this can only bode well for you all in Alpine county, hey and its about 30 days left Rich.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

troutfan
04-19-2009, 01:54 PM

CC

BRING IT ON!!!!! CC I had my best day when the sky froze last year, this can only bode well for you all in Alpine county, hey and its about 30 days left Rich.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

Snow is not a problem but there is some wind forecast for the opener but the forecast could change significantly by then. :-/

cgagex3
04-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Brad,
Don't even go there. That's one of two things that may keep me away Saturday. I don't feel like chaining up at 5am in the dark. You know as well as I do coming from this side we have to go over a couple of summits. That is the worst part, chain up for the summit and then take them off for 15 miles then put them back on...
Then Shelby has a theater audition Thursday with call backs on Saturday and her other cheaufuer is working Saturday.
The darn forcast changes about every 4 hours, now 25% Friday and 37% Saturday at Kirkwood. :-/

It needs to go away, why couldn't it snow this weekend??

CG

Captain Compassion
04-19-2009, 03:54 PM
TF. Winds are not that much a problem when you are fishing rivers. ;)

CG. They don't really have a hanfle on the weather.

Brad. Looking forward to seeing you again.

CC

troutfan
04-19-2009, 03:59 PM
TF. Winds are not that much a problem when you are fishing rivers. ;)

CC

Keep that up and I'll be sitting at your hole when you get there! ;) ;D ;D

maui_mark
04-19-2009, 09:52 PM
No more talk of wind!! The fishing gods will be kind to us all, or not at their whim... Looking forward to clear skies, calm weather, and good fishing! Mark