PDA

View Full Version : Quarry lake

Pronger
04-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Sup sniffers - just wondering if anybody fished quarry in the last two days and if so has it picked up?
Yo raider naytion you headed out for s.c. for t.t. tomorrow? hit me up... pronger out!!!!

eastbay
04-15-2009, 09:39 PM
i was there monday first time saw 8 year old catch 4-5 trout

eastbay
04-16-2009, 12:11 PM
got skunked today :(

raider_naytion
04-16-2009, 08:56 PM
my cell hardly rings but today it was off the hook, lost 4 fish due to being on the phone....oh well!

GOT2FISH510
04-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Is the Pennisula area still the hot spot at Q-Lakes? I going to give it a try hopefully saturday. Not been trout fishing lately that much. Been hittin the San Fran Bay for Striper and Hablibut action Weather should be nice this weekened.

ryanerb
04-16-2009, 10:38 PM
my cell hardly rings but today it was off the hook, lost 4 fish due to being on the phone....oh well!

did you land any fish other than the 4 u lost? what were ya usin?

bigdaddy68768
04-17-2009, 09:59 AM
The peninsula is like fisherman's row.....it's hit or miss..some days its off the hook but others you won't see anything.......Try to hit a few different spots when you're at quarry....if you haven't had a bite in an hour, try a different spot. Also one thing I've read recently, is that with the deeper stocker lakes like quarry and del valle, try to fish the side of the lake where the sun rises, you might have a better chance at finding actively feeding fish seeing how this may tie in to the fact that their forage i.e. flies and baitfish tend to be in the slightly warmer parts of the lake, not only that but if there is a hatch on, then flies will be emerging toward the surface which will raise the strike zone. hope this helps....Tight Lines! ;D

raider_naytion
04-17-2009, 10:19 AM

did you land any fish other than the 4 u lost? what were ya usin?

I was at the kiosk cove near swim area and was using rainbow powerbait, I did not land one but if i was'nt on the phone I could have. all bites stopped at 2pm

GOT2FISH510
04-17-2009, 02:52 PM
I'll give the moving around a try. I think Im going to setup one pole with PWR Eggs setup and use my 2nd pole and toss the Kastmaster.

The peninsula is like fisherman's row.....it's hit or miss..some days its off the hook but others you won't see anything.......Try to hit a few different spots when you're at quarry....if you haven't had a bite in an hour, try a different spot. Also one thing I've read recently, is that with the deeper stocker lakes like quarry and del valle, try to fish the side of the lake where the sun rises, you might have a better chance at finding actively feeding fish seeing how this may tie in to the fact that their forage i.e. flies and baitfish tend to be in the slightly warmer parts of the lake, not only that but if there is a hatch on, then flies will be emerging toward the surface which will raise the strike zone. * * hope this helps....Tight Lines! ;D

bigdaddy68768
04-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Power eggs are always a good bet out there, try white, yellow, green or chartreuse .....also vary the quantities of the eggs....sometimes just one, or up to 3 on the hook.....and if you're daring ;) throw on 2 eggs and wacky rig a power worm on the bottom try green or yellow eggs with an orange or pink worm ....white and green work well too.....throw on a bit of cod liver oil or nitro grravy to further your chances....I've never understood why this rig works, but it honestly does! 8-)

NorCal2500HD
04-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Power eggs are always a good bet out there, try white, yellow, green or chartreuse .....also vary the quantities of the eggs....sometimes just one, or up to 3 on the hook.....and if you're daring ;) throw on 2 eggs and wacky rig a power worm on the bottom try green or yellow eggs with an orange or pink worm ....white and green work well too.....throw on a bit of cod liver oil or nitro grravy to further your chances....I've never understood why this rig works, but it honestly does! 8-)

First few times we fished quarry, nothing but skunk...Got a tip similar to this one and bam started catching fish.....good luck out there.