PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 4-15-09

BigBow_Stalker
04-16-2009, 10:49 AM
My brother Jim (WishToFish on this forum) and I headed out to Camanche for our first time. We trolled F9 Raps all day with Shad scent, naked, toplining and on 10' downrigger. *We put out two poles each, using firetiger, hot steel, rainbow and orange/gold. We put out as soon as we left the docks (at 8:30am) after passing the bouys. Within 5 minutes, I hooked up and landed a 17". After landing it in the boat, I was letting my land back out and only got about 50' out, when I hooked another 17" (they must stock the lake by the docks), I landed it too. My brother brought in a 21"er at 3lbs. on his ultra-light. One hell of a fight. I was amazed how calm he stayed and played the fish to perfection, as it went under the boat 5 times and as soon as he would get around the bow on the same side as the fish, the drag would start screaming again. It took a while, but it finally tired and we landed it. Awesome job Jim, because that's what its all about. I got another 16", my brother got a 14 and 17 incher. We tried to revive the 14", but he got the bottom hook in his gills and bled out; we couldn't revive it.
Tally for the day:
Hot steele: 1 fish (the little one)
Rainbow: 0
Firetiger: 0
Orange/Gold: 5 in the boat and 3 that got away. Orange/gold was definitely the color for the day.
Here is a pic of the fish on the tailgate of the truck. My first time uploading, so I hope it works.
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3766/camanche2.jpg

duckhuntwater-guy
04-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Ron,

Those are some good looking fish. It sounded like you guy's had a good time.

DHWG

BigBow_Stalker
04-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks DHWG. I should have mentioned that the big guy was caught behind little hat, a few on in front of the bouys by the dam and one in front of hat island. Seems like the ride to the dam from hat and along the bouys in front of the dam were pretty good spots.

troutbum20
04-16-2009, 12:12 PM
way to go guys! looks like the f9 kills at Camanche!good to see the trout still hitting on the top! keep it up! ;)

egg
04-16-2009, 01:11 PM
very intresting report.....i just discovered the same thing about letting line out as you pass the buoys. i had a trout do the same thing in the same location. way cool ;)

BigBow_Stalker
04-16-2009, 01:26 PM
very intresting report.....i just discovered the same thing about letting line out as you pass the buoys. i had a trout do the same thing in the same location. way cool *;)
I'm guessing they stock it by the ramp. I bet you could probably limit if you stayed in that area, but we were out hunting for a hog.

ben8791
04-16-2009, 01:26 PM
wow, those are some good looking fish. good job!

kokaneeCommander
04-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Ron, Nice report and pics. Welcome to the boards. Keep the reports coming. Nick.

kokemachine83
04-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Sounds like Camanche is still kicking out some nice looking fish. Looks like i will have to get back up there and try my luck. Those F-9's are the ticket there. Looks like the Hot Steel has slowed down. I still will always have at least one out. The best spot for awhile now as been between BIG hat island and the Dam. Those fish should start moving down. This weekend is supposed to get hot. Congrats on some great looking Camanche trout.

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

tortuga
04-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey rookies...welcome to the boards . Nice report and nice fish. Looks like Camanche is still turning out some nice fish. Way to go.
Tortuga

egg
04-16-2009, 03:24 PM
tortuga......you are not allowed to fish camanche until you start catching smaller fish !! *;D

btw....you better watch out...i just got my hands on a "hot steel F-18", and i'm gonna start dragging it around !!

June first
04-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Great job Ron, Glad you did well out there today!!
Keep trying, there is a HOG in there with your name on it......
I know there are several in that lake with a hot steel f-9 in there mouths
(one of mine and one from Koke machine Robbie ;D)

BigBow_Stalker
04-16-2009, 04:37 PM
I know there are several in that lake with a hot steel f-9 in there mouths
(one of mine and one from Koke machine Robbie ;D)

When I find them, you guys can have them back. ;D

kokemachine83
04-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Egg: I found a F-23 in Hot Steel. It's about 23" long. I will be draggin it around, really soon. Be a ware. ;) ;) ;) Just kidding. I couldn't help my self.

Tortuga: I will see you up there, Really soon!!! Were going to have some fun. I bet is on you, to catch the big Whopper!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

egg
04-17-2009, 05:15 AM
robbie....you scare me....!! ;) ;D