PDA

View Full Version : Camanche trout pond ?

JPFX
04-14-2009, 02:19 PM
I have fished the trout pond about 3 or 4 times and never caught a thing. I'm taking my trailer up to either Camanche or Pardee for a 1 nighter to get my 3 yr old son used to the RV. His last time in it was about a year ago and he was scared to sleep in it for some reason. Anyway, assuming we decide on Camanche, does anyone have any recent trout pond fishing reports AND/OR advice on what works. I know the bottom there is real grassy so I assume a bobber works best. Thanks guys/gals!

cgagex3
04-14-2009, 03:43 PM
I have hit the pond in my pontoon a few times in recent weeks while I wait to head back up the hill. Catch fish every trip out.
If you are banking it you can bottom fish with about a 2 ft lead. Green gulp, crawler, white power eggs or power worm all will work. Gulp or crawler on bobber or clear bubble with a power worm even better, slow draw on the worm with occasional stops.
Gold KM or little cleo works. Out on the water a fire tiger rappala has been killing them lately.

They plant on alternate Thursday usually but to tell you the truth I always seem to do better there on the off week 10 days after the plant than I do 3 days after.

Good luck out there.

CG

egg
04-14-2009, 05:19 PM
that pond has been getting some massive amounts of fish planted. (if no one was looking....i'd launch my boat there !!) ;D

Mark_Woodard
04-14-2009, 06:38 PM
pond is usually pretty decent from the bank or tube. assuming ur on the bank charcuse power bait works really well on the bottom but i and most other bank fisherman out there use a 4-6ft leader just to stay out of the weeds. Have a decent size weight on and just launch it ull catch fish.

alot of guys too like the clear bobber to with either power bait or a crawler which actually works better most of the time, especially if the trout are jumping. lures cant go wrong with a gold cast master.

JPFX
04-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Thanks!

gbslade
04-16-2009, 06:16 AM
I've fly fished the pond several times recently from a float tube. Caught quite a few fish each time. Olive Bead Head Wooly Bugger, size 12, tricked them all.

MontanaN8V
04-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Is this pond easily accessible? I have the kids until Sunday, and would like to take them fishing where they stand a chance of catching a fish. Most of you know, I can't walk too good, so access HAS TO BE easy without rough ground. Is this next to the main resevoir?

Mark_Woodard
04-16-2009, 10:27 AM
yes the pond is literally right next to the many road very easy access.

If you enter on the south side u'll drive right past the pond on the way to the lake you cant miss it

fish10plus
04-16-2009, 12:03 PM
(Is this pond easily accessible? I have the kids until Sunday, and would like to take them fishing where they stand a chance of catching a fish. Most of you know, I can't walk too good, so access HAS TO BE easy without rough ground. Is this next to the main resevoir?)

This pond would be great for you there are a couple of fishing docks there as well that are mini pears. Good luck

rpwlaw11
04-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Montana- If you're out there Sunday. Mark and I might see you out there. If you can, fish the first dock as you drive in. Do the clear bobber with a 3' leader. Fill the bobber all the way up with water. Cast out with powerbait. When it finally reach the bottom. Just recast it back out. You will definitely get bit. That's really Marks go to technique out there. If you go on the weekend. It will be crowded.

Me, I like a 4' leader single hook. Thread on a powerworm and two power eggs. but my favorite is just tossing out hardware. Kastmasters and Rapalas. The frog pattern Kastmaster will most likely out perform the gold. The rainbow pattern works better on the hawgs. In the Rapalas, I like the orange gold and firetiger. Have fun, it's a nice area for the family. They do charge for entry and a fishing permit. If your kids are younger than 16, they do not need a permit, unless you plan on keeping their limits also.