PDA

View Full Version : sugarpine

starcraft69
04-10-2009, 08:34 AM
dose anyone know if you can get in to sugarpine I want to take the lady on sunday and take the boat any info would be nice thank you

MontanaN8V
04-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Probably can get in there, depends on what you are driving, but that lake is on the no plant list, and probably not much carry overs. That lake will be a bass/bluegill lake this year I am afraid.

CraigV
04-10-2009, 11:16 AM
You should be fine to launch the boat. there are plenty of trout to be caught there. i have been fishing it for years. tough months are july-september when the water temp is up.

trolling with needlefish of various colors.

bait fishing with orange gulp power eggs, 4 foot leader. 25-30 feet depth are good choices.

although the trout have never been big here, most fish caught the last 3 years have been considerably smaller than previous years. but on a decent day, we have caught 30-60. a slow day might give you a few each. you should still catch something though.

Darin
04-10-2009, 10:30 PM
I was in that area today..your good to go...C&R if you can. The fungus growing on some of them doesn't look or taste to good on the grill ;) Still fun to catch though. Good Luck and have fun *8-)

FFG