PDA

View Full Version : Comanchee 7th 8th of aprial

jumpinjimmy
04-09-2009, 12:25 PM
VACATION WEEK AT THE LAKE
DAY 1 As die hard as I am managed to get to Hat island and that was saying a lot . got the lines down and that was about it before the down pour started !!! waves over the bow !! :o looks like ocean !
got my but off the water and back to saftey ! no fish! :(
day 2 got on the water about 10 am water conditions were good made it to hat and started the troll ! half way between Hat and the dam pops rod goes off ! :) this guy can remain calm no matter what !
Im asking is their somthing their is their somthing ??????>??? I get a ya I think so , its a 5 lb trout the biggest he had ever caught :) :) get to the dam do a turn around and head back to Hat my rod gos off :) its the top line I had out a mile back 225 ft !! and its a heavy fish to me :) tell pops to get the other rods in and turn the boat into the fish , as this is going on its starts to blow and hail, no way am I horsing this one , got it to the boat and another 5 lb fish my personal best !
I know theirs a lot of bigger fish caught here but it was awsome to me and the freaking hail all over the boat was diffrent to say the least .
we ended up with 5 nice fish and called it a day , had the whole lake to my self .
lures were f9 fire tiger and orange gold!
got back and they just planted the trout pond right behind the RV and so we had the kids fishing their too , all in all it was a great 3 days :)

aquaman
04-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Congrats on your personal best Jimmy. Sounds like you had a good time.

steveo79
04-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Good deal. I love those wind blown trips out on Camanche. And hail too? Too much. ;)

egg
04-09-2009, 02:42 PM
good to see you get some of the heavies !! camanche is very deceiving when bad weather kicks up. that lake can put up some pretty crazy wave action.

kokemachine83
04-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Way to Go, Jimmy!!! I knew you would have your personal best, this week. Looks like between the Big Hat and the Dam is still the hot spot. Were you on top or OTW? Glad the both of you got your PB's. Looks like we have at least two more trips up there!!! ;) ;) Rapala's are still doing the trick!!! Congrats on a couple of Lake Camanche Phatties!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...

June first
04-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Good job Jimmy!
Congrats on your new PB!!

Too bad the weather didn't cooperate....... but a few days on the lake with pop sure beats working (or just about anything else I can think of);D
Hope to see you out there again soon 8-)

tortuga
04-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Jimmy
You are one lucky man...you got into the fatties and you did it with pops...now that sounds like a good day! *Congrats on mastering the elements enough to get the bigguns!! *
See you on the water,
Tortuga

Jonezin2fish
04-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Heeeey! Way to go Jimmy! Glad you guys got into some. Sounds like you were in about the same area we got thet 10lber a and 8lber a couple of weeks ago. There are some spots in there that a holding some bigguns! Can't wait to get back out there but I gotta do Berry trip soon.

jumpinjimmy
04-10-2009, 06:05 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies , ya its amazin how fast that lake turns into a white cap ocean , its not the first time I have gotten blown off the lake so I kinda knew it Id be luckey just to get the rods down the first day.
YA Pops gets the fish by the boat and says Ow I guess that was a good fish as I am jumpin around go HEEEEEEELYA!!!!! ;D ;D

BigBow_Stalker
04-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Congratulations! My brother and I are going to hit Camanche tomorrow for the first time. We have all the gear. My question is, did you (or can anyone answer this as far as their own experience on the lake?), did you run the rapalas behind flashers or if not, did you use any weight in front of them?
Thanks. We plan to run dodgers with nightcrawlers about 25 feet down and then topline with rapalas. Any helpful info will be greatly appreciated!!! Also, has anyone had any luck using flatfish/quickfish, torpedo spoons (particularly my favorite, red/white) or woolybuggers behind dodgers? (You can tell Im a longtime Pyramid fisherman, lol)

June first
04-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Ron, PM sent
You should start a thread of your own so that more people will see your question. ;)

Good luck there tomorrow!! ;D 8-)