PDA

View Full Version : Whiskeytown

Captain Compassion
03-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Can't help with Whiskeytown but you might want to consider Lewiston. One of my Faves in the area. If the water is comming out of Trinity the upper part of the lake can be special. Hope this helps.

CC

layz_358
03-27-2009, 07:34 PM
cant help with whiskeytown. but was there last year during the summer n saw a lot of nice size bass swimmin around and sum huge squaw fish there

Mackattack
03-28-2009, 12:47 AM
I personally have not had luck at or with Whiskey. But I saw a report maybe last year or so I think about kokes near the bridge(no I dont know which bridge, but it was on the boards here). So do a search Brad and maybe get lucky ? Good luck bud.

Mackattack

hunkfisher
03-28-2009, 03:16 AM
Totally forgot we have tuesday off from school here at school (Ceasar Chavez Day) was looking for a place to fish, snice the metalheads havent wanted to come out and play was thinking about asking about whiskeytown reservoir more specifically the powerhouse area ( I was told by an old fishing compadre that it was a productive area) asking for some input if not may head up to ruth for the day. Thanks sniffers!

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Troutbum43
03-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Yep, the most random CSU holiday ever was our traditional day to hit Freshwater Lagoon in my friends boat when I was at HSU. Its been banking ok for holdover trout, I didn't get anything trolling last weekend but saw some good fish caught on the north end by the launch. Seems like Ruth is getting hot too Clayman did well the other week from his post, I'm going next Friday to check it out for myself. If you hit ruth put up a post or send me a PM and let me know how you did.

Go Jacks

rc mckokanee
03-29-2009, 05:58 AM
if you are going to try and fish for trout, you might have some luck near the powerhouse, but last time i was there, the water was low in that area. clear creek , that runs into the lake before the powerhouse has been known to have brookies in it just before the powerhouse. i have seen more bass fishermen at whiskeytown lately ,but have no idea how they did. if you want to try fishing for kokanee, you might want to try the area inside the hwy 299 bridge and launch from whiskey creek. if it is not windy , you also might want to try trolling the north side of the lake on the hwy 299 side and troll up towards the cold water curtain. last night the wind blew bad here in redding. but this morning it is calm. if you want to drive a little farthur , you might try lewiston lake. lake shasta has had some fair fishing if you can find the areas not muddy. but if you fish shasta, you might find the launches and lake with debris in the water.