PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Fri. 3-27-09

fpsamm
03-27-2009, 06:20 PM
A frend and I were on the lake early Fri. in his boat. We headed North trolling on the West side towards the mushroom to no avail. I tried every lure I had still nothing happening.
Talked to several other fishing and they had nothing also. We headed back towards Pelican and I had a hit, but that was it. Nothing else the rest of the day. It seems like the up and down weather may have something to do with the poor fishing. Here's hoping it gets better.

Samm *

Ironhead
03-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Samm,

Thanks for the report. I was kicking myself all week thinking I went the wrong weekend. (last) You just trying to make me feel good?

I sure hope it gets better.

Ironhead

fernley_tim
03-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Samm, I will show you how to catch some fish next week ;) ;D ;D

Captain Compassion
03-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Tough luck Samm. I'll be out there next week. Hope it improves. :-/

CC

Captain_Morgan
03-27-2009, 06:52 PM
The Mongster......show'in the Geezer how to catch. ;D ;D ;D Mong......MongalingydinglyDingyding! Da Mongster.....catch'in cutts*;D ;D

firetrout
03-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Hey Geezer, *I just got back today *at 6 pm and 300 miles. *My first trip to *Pyramid. *Tried a shout out to fellow sniffers and had I think Cracker Jack come back. *

Fished Wed. for 30 to boat, biggest 24 1/2 inches, 4 3/4 lbs. *at least 15 LDR, caught on Ken's *Double Flutter Frog pattern. *What was amazing is that while we were taking a picture of it with the lure still on it my buddy noticed a tail in it's mouth :o :o :o *After the shot I took it out and it was about 10-11 inches and starting to be digested :-? *We than took a picture of both. :) I believe it was a Tui chub? *Maybe the Doc can answer that one. **Sorry but pictures to be coming. * Hottest lure started out to be bought at the lodge, a large Tui Chub spoon. *The one guy started out with it and caught the first 7 :o in 1/2 hour. I was turned on to the lake for sure. :D

Thurs. what weather. *I knew it gets windy, because my partner was in a boat that sank 10 years ago. :-[ *He just told me that last week. :-/Thanks,

I have a 17 1/2 ft Lund and was at the wheel while the other 2 fished. *We fished from 7:30 til 10:30 for 11 to the boat 3 LDRs and had to stop for one motion sick fisherman ;D ;D ;D. *Oh the swell were 2-4 ft. *Boat handled great. *Went out about 2:30 til 6pm for 6 more. *wind died down to about 1 ft swells. *

Friday fished for 4 hours for a super slow day of 3. *Went to Crosbys and Linda mentioned that the 3 charters were very slow one boat had 2 by noon. :(

What an eye opener the Lake is. Stayed at Crosby's what great people there. *Hope to make many more trips. *Thanks for all the great advise on this site.

Hope it turns on for you who will be at the FEAST. ;)

fernley_tim
03-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey Geezer, *I just got back today *at 6 pm and 300 miles. *My first trip to *Pyramid. *Tried a shout out to fellow sniffers and had I think Cracker Jack come back. *

Fished Wed. for 30 to boat, biggest 24 1/2 inches, 4 3/4 lbs. *at least 15 LDR, caught on Ken's *Double Flutter Frog pattern. *What was amazing is that while we were taking a picture of it with the lure still on it my buddy noticed a tail in it's mouth :o :o :o *After the shot I took it out and it was about 10-11 inches and starting to be digested :-? *We than took a picture of both. :) I believe it was a Tui chub? *Maybe the Doc can answer that one. * Sorry but pictures to be coming. * Hottest lure started out to be bought at the lodge, a large Tui Chub spoon. *The one guy started out with it and caught the first 7 :o in 1/2 hour. I was turned on to the lake for sure. :D

Thurs. what weather. *I knew it gets windy, because my partner was in a boat that sank 10 years ago. :-[ *He just told me that last week. :-/Thanks,

I have a 17 1/2 ft Lund and was at the wheel while the other 2 fished. *We fished from 7:30 til 10:30 for 11 to the boat 3 LDRs and had to stop for one motion sick fisherman ;D ;D ;D. *Oh the swell were 2-4 ft. *Boat handled great. *Went out about 2:30 til 6pm for 6 more. *wind died down to about 1 ft swells. *

Friday fished for 4 hours for a super slow day of 3. *Went to Crosbys and Linda mentioned that the 3 charters were very slow one boat had 2 by noon. :(

What an eye opener the Lake is. Stayed at Crosby's what great people there. *Hope to make many more trips. *Thanks for all the great advise on this site.

Hope it turns on for you who will be at the FEAST. ;)
Fire trout, I have caught many fish with chubs sticking out there mouths. A couple years ago we caught a 11 lber with a ten inch chub sticking out its mouth,A grub broke off in its mouth and still hit a 6 inch apex :o when they are feeding its on!!

here is a pic. from last year I cant remember the size.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/182/img0066pkm.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0066pkm.jpg)

fpsamm
03-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Samm, I will show you how to catch some fish next week ;) ;D ;D

Mongo I have been on a boat with you and I was catching fish and you were without, So don't feel like the fishing king. I just had an off day out there.
Call me regarding this coming week!

Fire Trout you really had a great few day's on the lake. Here's looking to see you out there soon.

Samm

Verdeye
03-28-2009, 11:30 AM
I was out Friday also and it was slow for everybody we talked to. We fished til after sundown and had 5 to the boat all on spoons. It sure was a beuatiful day, fish or not.