PDA

View Full Version : Amador Fest Sign-up Thread, March 27-29

hoghunter3
12-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Now that Freon "volunteered" me to run the Amador Fest he's driving me crazy to get out the first E-Mail. *;)
Here it is.
Plans are to hold the Fest the last week of March, Friday the 27th through Sunday the 29th.
Let's use this string as the sign-up with more detail to come as we work out the details.
Let me know if you are willing to "volunteer" for any assignments as well.

Please state if you have room on your boat for a hitchhiker or if you need a ride. *You can contact Hoghunter, Chicofishrmen, Troutfan, Ron or MM to modify this thread.

On the List so Far

Montana and Clan
Fishnphool, Mrhowie, cappy 77
Woody and Christle
Capt Compassion
MamaWentFishin
Robert
Clamkin
HogHunter and Anna
Bing15 and YaYafisherwoman
Martinez Frank and Sandy
Rivertamer and 1 0r 2
GVF and Liz
ifish4fun and 2
Freon and Silver Queen
Tyeroflies and Janel
Crappieman67
JWilson and Partner
Ron
TC Britton
Ric1Ric
DuramaxDan, Kim, Jordan
Kneedeep and Maggie
Work to Fish
Fishmaster
Heather and Mike Peralta
The_Rich

MontanaN8V
12-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Count us in, Montana Clan, with dutch oven food, and desserts.

clamkin
12-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Let me know if you are willing to "volunteer" for any assignments as well.

I volunteer to volunteer freon for everything you're not interested in doing :)

freon
12-15-2008, 06:34 PM
I volunteer to volunteer freon for everything you're not interested in doing

Bob, his first official duty as the festmaster was to delegate me to wrap a rod >:(
If I get volunteered any more, there will be a walmart special snoopy rod with a zebco reel for the winner ;) ;D
I can wrap that in about five minutes ;) ;D

Now that Freon "volunteered" me to run the Amador Fest he's driving me crazy to get out the first E-Mail.

About time slacker >:(
How come you didnt mention the potluck sign up or the official, official amadorfest BS board? You would think that a man that gave up retirement to go back to work would have been all over this easy task ;) ;D

Big Ken
12-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Thingy.

Put me,mrhowie & cappy77 down for the fest. Cant wait.

Thanks sir

KenW

Woody
12-15-2008, 07:54 PM
As long as there is enough water in the lake, so we will all fit on the lake we will be there.

Woody & Christle + Boat

We will bring Spaghetti

Captain Compassion
12-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Weather and gas prices permitting please put Captain Compassion on the Amador Fest list.

CC

hoghunter3
12-15-2008, 08:59 PM
.[/quote]

About time slacker *>:(
How come you didnt mention the potluck sign up or the official, official amadorfest BS board? You would think that a man that gave up retirement to go back to work would have been all over this easy task *;) *;D[/quote]

More "encouragement" from my bud.

Freon, Remember I work for a "for profit" publicly traded Corporation and not a "Public Servant" like others. I actually have to work for a living *;)

MamaWentFishin
12-15-2008, 10:39 PM
You can count Mama in on the derby. I'll be the one in the yellow float tube getting towed by 10-pound Bertha or her close cousin Bubba. Should be a hoot!

robert_long
12-16-2008, 06:36 AM
Yes. Hook me up. I will cook up kill ya chili . :o

Robert 8-)

clamkin
12-16-2008, 07:15 AM
Pyramid the week before and then this. I might have to get a full week pass from the wife :)

I'm in.

freon
12-16-2008, 07:18 AM
I actually have to work for a living *

Is that what they call that now? I thought sleeping all day at a computer was called Mickey retirement work*;) *;D
Now if you were sleeping in the boat (especially while trolling at amador) you would call it Dennis retirement work ;)
You need to go fishing and do some real work *;)

More "encouragement" from my bud.

Thats me, the motivational mentor (sounds better than the tormentor) *;D *;D

Pyramid the week before and then this. I might have to get a full week pass from the wife *

Bob, the pyramid fest is three weeks after this event *;)

clamkin
12-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Bob, the pyramid fest is three weeks after this event *;)

Look, old man, I'm not the one who is having the "downhill from here" birthday, so no fair pointing out I need glasses. *;D

March or April, who cares. If it's a weekend I just need to know where I'm fishing *:)

freon
12-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Look, old man, I'm not the one who is having the "downhill from here" birthday, so no fair pointing out I need glasses.

Hey, no fair picking on my age, I would do that, but its unfair for you to do that, you young whippersnapper ;D
Just another case of the blind leading the blind ;)

MamaWentFishin
12-16-2008, 08:39 AM
[quote author=freon link=1229385487/0#11 date=1229440686

You need to go fishing and do some real work *;)

[/quote]

No kidding, Freon...I work so much harder trying to catch fish (note that I said "trying") than sitting in front of my computer writing a grant application for a client. Those of you kickin' back in your boats with a wobbly pop in your hands don't see all the work going on under my float tube to get myself around the lake. :-X

yayafisherwoman
12-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Throw Bing15 and YaYafisherwoman in there too. We live relatively close so if you need anything let me know and I'll see what I can help with. We'll bring something, I just don't know yet...

YaYa

ifish4fun
12-16-2008, 11:22 AM
I will be there again with 2 other people full boat. ready to have fun.

Martinez Frank
12-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Hey Freon put me and my wife Sandy down for this one, I think I can make it this time ;)

freon
12-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Frank, I would, but HH3 is a control freak and I cant change anything, actually it is just the way it is set up, but it sure does sound better this way ;D
It will be great to see you and Sandy up there ;)

rivertamer
12-16-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm excited this will be the first fest for me - if I'm approved to attend :D
It will be me and hopefully 1-2 others (wife and daughter)
Not sure if I will bring the boat or pontoon but if I bring the boat I will have room for 1-2 extra folks.
Will bring a dish or two for potluck

freon
12-16-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm excited this will be the first fest for me - if I'm approved to attend

RT, HH3 is hard to get an approval out of :o
Actually, these fests are open to everyone (if they let me in, they pretty much gotta let anyone one :-[ ) the sign up is just for a head count for the owner so that he knows how much room to try and reserve, the pot luck sign up is just so we dont copy each other, otherwise everyone would be bringing cheesecake ;D
All family members are allowed as well, usually this is one of the more family tolerant lakes due to the warmer water and lower elevations. They wont start taking actual reservations until late february or march, we will post up when they do and we pretty much take over the whole hill, but there is enough room between each camp for some privacy. Hope this helps.

Martinez Frank
12-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Frank, I would, but HH3 is a control freak and I cant change anything, actually it is just the way it is set up, but it sure does sound better this way *;D
It will be great to see you and Sandy up there *;)

Well I thought you were running this one, Sorry. HH3 can you put me on the list? Geeze Freon, I thought you were the man :D

Garden_Valley_Fish
12-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Montana and Clan
Fishnphool, Mrhowie, cappy 77
Woody and Cappy 77
Capt Compassion
MamaWentFishin
Robert
Clamkin
HogHunter and Anna

Cappy how you gonna fish on two boats?? [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

D i c k put Liz and I down with a boat and we'll come and try to place in the big fish

I thought this was a BS thread *:-? :-?

If for some reason Liz cant make it I'll hitch a ride on my Pro staffer's boat;) ;)

Woody
12-16-2008, 08:58 PM
GVF How did I wind up with cappy in my boat? last I looked I had my wife fishing with me.

Woody

freon
12-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Hey Thingy, how about putting Silverqueen and I on the list ;)

Big Ken
12-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Rich my thoughts exactly. I already told the others *that would be the case. You always have a seat on my boat.

Besides Cappy is cooking breakfast *[smiley=chowtime.gif] & we *cant let him on another boat. *;D ;D

KenW

Garden_Valley_Fish
12-17-2008, 08:00 PM
GVF How did I wind up with cappy in my boat? *last I looked I had my wife fishing with me.

Woody
[smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]Well thats how I read it when I looked so I just thought I'd check

D i c k musta had a [smiley=cheers.gif] Its fixed now ;D ;D

Besides Cappy is cooking breakfast Smiley & we cant let him on another boat.
exactly my thoughts

tyeroflies
12-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Janel and I are up for another Amadorfest.

freon
12-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Spoke with Sandy from the lodge today and she said that we can start registering on Friday, February 13th ;)

hoghunter3
12-22-2008, 06:43 AM
The folks at Amador are ready for us. They just want an approximate head count by middle of January.

crappieman67
12-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Count me in

partner
12-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Jwilson and I will be at the fest. *we are looking forward to seeing everyone.

partner

RonM
12-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Jwilson and I will be at the fest. *we are looking forward to seeing everyone.

partner

Glad you guys will be coming down the hill....

hoghunter3
01-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Ron, You going to make it?

RonM
01-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Ron, You going to make it?

I should be able to make it out....

tcbritton
02-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Alright Ill be there for the sat. fishing fun but cant stay the night and by the way I WILL BE PART OF ANY FISHING CONTEST....... LMAO just encase its not understood ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) [smiley=angling.gif] [smiley=angling.gif] [smiley=angling.gif] [smiley=angling.gif]

freon
02-10-2009, 10:29 PM
TC, your entire boat crew must be in the derby, are you okay with that?
You might want to check here: http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1234104032

ric1ric
02-11-2009, 05:00 AM
You can add me to the list please I am looking for a seat.

robert_long
02-11-2009, 07:01 AM
You got a seat on the 26d Macgregor trolling cruiser. PM sent.Hope there is enough water to float a boat come March 28th weekend. Hey Freon
do we need a doughnut hole canon for the fest :o

Robert 8-)

ric1ric
02-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Thank you Robert, I look forward to it.

freon
02-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Robert, leave the cannon at home, you know how I hate to show up at a gun fight with a knife >:( ;D

DuramaxDan
02-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Sign me up for saturday as I will being taking a floating holiday and will have wife Kim and granddaughter Jordan onboard.

ric1ric
02-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Don't beleive him Robert, he just wants us unarmed. ;D

freon
02-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Don't beleive him Robert, he just wants us unarmed.

Unarmed, yes, unharmed, well that one is debatable ;) ;D
Besides, I have never hit either of you with a donut hole ;)
Rare is the case that someone unarmed has been hit out there, that first one with Hog running the sling shot was the lone exception ;D
He gets a little squirrelly with a few wobbly pops in him ;) ;D

CHICKFISHING58
02-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Robert,
Rick rode with me last year he loves the donut wars he steers the boat right in to them [smiley=nana.gif]

freon
02-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Robert,
Rick rode with me last year he loves the donut wars he steers the boat right in to them

Thanks for that info Beth ;)

ric1ric
02-12-2009, 08:01 PM
Yeah thanks alot Beth. ::)

freon
02-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Yeah thanks alot Beth.

Dont you just love it when sniffers give you that inside information that makes it a great day on the water ;) ;D ;D

hoghunter3
02-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Bump....Reminder to sign up. I need to give the folks at Amador a head count for camping at the end of the month

ric1ric
02-17-2009, 07:03 AM
bumpity bump

ric1ric
02-19-2009, 06:41 AM
bumpity bump

Kneedeep
02-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey MR THINGY could ya put Maggie and I on the list, looks like were gonna make it. *[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Corey
02-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Hey this sounds like fun. What do ya need? ( in the way of a dish )??
I would like to come if your not full.
Where do i get information about it. and i might have room in my boat, names Corey :) :) ;)
14' gregor w/15 hp Evenrude.

freon
02-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Roger, it will be great seeing you two there again ;)

WTF, I love your initials ;)
Anyone can sign up, if you want in the derby, you need to go to that website though ;)
There is no cost assiciated with the fest, the derby is different and explained on the website. As for a dish, just bring whatever you want to, quite often there is waaaaay too much food :o
it is always a good time though. Just a bunch of families having fun camping out and getting to know each other.

hoghunter3
03-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Looks like we have about 40 so far. Please sign up this week if you can make it. Should be a great time

tyeroflies
03-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Just a day trip for us this time.

freon
03-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Oh, come on Mike, a night in the woods will do wonders for you, at the very least your wife will cuddle up close so she wont be cold ;)
You could always tell her that there are bears there and she will get real close to you ;D

hoghunter3
03-10-2009, 02:36 PM
One more reminder as time is getting closer. If you are camping call the folks at Amador and let them know what days you will be there and tell them you are with the sniffer group. You can work with them to get a spot that meets you needs.

Make sure you sign-up for the Pot Luck on Saturday if you'd like to participate

Should be lots of room and they have promised to make a real good plant that week.

Corey
03-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Not sure if the Amador contact info came up and i missed it.
Is there a phone number someone know to make the RSVP??

Thanks in advance for the help. ;)

freon
03-10-2009, 06:33 PM
this should have all of the info about the lake that you need.

http://www.lakeamador.com/

Big Ken
03-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Ok my campsite is reserved & I am all ready to go.

The Rich
03-13-2009, 11:01 AM
I plan to be there Friday evening or Saturday morning. Iíll have an open seat for someone that wants to fish Sat. and possibly Sun. with Rocket and me or if someone else wants a couple of fishing partners, weíd be interested.

Iíll bring something for the pot luck, probably a salad. Do we need firewood?

Does anyone have contact with Twoelk? Iím trying to get a hold of him to purchase one of his hats with the stars before the fest and havenít been able to get a response.

See you at the fest!

SilverQueen
03-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Add my cousin and her husband, Heather and Mike Peralta. They will be staying at our campsite.

jesballs
03-15-2009, 08:14 PM
im with the family on saturday,then my coworkers sunday. cant wait

jesballs

freon
03-16-2009, 06:45 AM
yea, me too JB, the weather is getting right and the fish are starting to stack up in there and there have been a few bigger ones coming out. Of course the festivities will be off the hook as usual. I always have a good time camping at this lake. For those that dont know, some of the sites have electricity and water. I will be in campsite K, which is a big campsite at the top of the hill, close to the showers and bathrooms, but not that close :o. usually the potluck and derby results are done at that site ;)

jesballs
03-16-2009, 04:03 PM
so is there going to be a derby with prizes like the last time i fished it a couple of years ago? if so how much is the buy in ? :)

hoghunter3
03-16-2009, 07:23 PM
The_Rich....I'll put you down for a salad and firewood would be great if you can bring some. I have some already up there, but I'm sure we can use some more.

jesball, There is a Derby....The Link is under the Amador "sticky" at the top on the trout page under

Amadorfest Special Recreation

sehoner
03-23-2009, 03:26 PM
You guys know how terrified I am of commitment, but I have cleared the schedule and told the wife I will be fishing all day.

I refuse to say I will be there for sure (because when I do something always comes up.) but IF I do manage to make it I won't come empty handed. I will definitely7 have some firewood for the camp out also.

Is there a mussel inspection at this lake?

Rich.

Kneedeep
03-23-2009, 04:48 PM
You guys know how terrified I am of commitment, but I have cleared the schedule and told the wife I will be fishing all day.

I refuse to say I will be there for sure (because when I do something always comes up.) but IF I do manage to make it I won't come empty handed. I will definitely7 have some firewood for the camp out also.

Rich.

No mussel inspection but FLAB will be in abundance. ;D ;D ;D

Prowler
03-23-2009, 06:55 PM

Rich.

No mussel inspection but FLAB will be in abundance. ;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D

What are you scared of Rich? Haven't been working out lately?http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/6.gif

freon
03-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Sehoner, we will see you up there, if you dont get distracted by the wife, or dog, or weather or another lake or another????? ;D
Hope to see you out there ;)

sehoner
03-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Ya I have been secretly looking forward to this for like three months now.

The last few times I have tried to make plans more than a week in advance it went something like this:

Oh...babe you spent all the money?
Oh crap I have a cold.
Oh crap I have the flu.
Oh...it's your moms bday?
What do you mean you hurt your back honey?!

You guys know, young family and all that good stuff.

I am not sure if I will bring the boat or just the float tube as the boat isn't set up to roll.

I guess drifting bait could work. :-/ What is the skinny for tactics on this lake? I have never been. Troll, bait, flies? Hook a brotha up. (literally) ;)

freon
03-23-2009, 08:48 PM
I have done all of the above and I have caught a lot of nice fish using all three. if you are going to use a float tube, I would recommend using a wolly bugger on one rod and a worm, naked on the other with a slow troll, working the bugger a lot. on the bank, green star point with power bait on one rod and an inflated nightcrawler on the other, if trolling, white grubs seem to be the ticket right now ;)
Let me know if you need any other info ;)

sehoner
03-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks Freon, you will prolly see me on the water trying to troll at 5mph. :-[

I never should have sold that trolling plate. See what stripers and sturgeon will do to you? :D

I am making a drift sock and it should be ready for the fest, I think that may help my chances a bit.

If nothing else I will drift the river arms and coves. It will still be better than work. ;D ;)

freon
03-24-2009, 06:17 AM
drift socks work as does trolling fast with rapalas some times. I have probably seen as many if not more fish caught off the bank on the points back in the lake where someone has pulled their boat up and fished out of the boat, but on the bank, you might want to consider this, it normally works well ;)

hoghunter3
03-24-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm "taking one for the team" and heading out tomorrow morning for some pre-fishing. We plan to fish Weds-Sat.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Big Ken
03-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks Thingy for throwing yourself on the granade. What a guy ;D ;D

We will be there friday around 10am

See you there

freon
03-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Hey buddy, see you two up there, should be on the water early friday until sunday. I will be in site K. ;)

dinos marine
03-24-2009, 06:04 PM
i can bring some smoked trout if anyone is interested?
dino

hoghunter3
03-24-2009, 07:10 PM
I'll be the usual spot, #77. Come bye and say hello

freon
03-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Hog, pm the site # for the one next to you ;)
I might change sites. ;)

MontanaN8V
03-27-2009, 07:14 AM
Take Montana and clan off the list. I have been off work for over a month, and have yet to get an EDD check. Priorities. The kids were really looking forward to it. We will be fishing, just have to go some place that is free. Sorry guys/gals.

freon
03-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Sorry to hear that Monatana, on both counts *:(
I hope work picks up for you and that you and your family catch a lot of fish somewhere this weekend *;)

Uh, any chance you can send over that dutch oven food :D ;D ;D

DuramaxDan
03-28-2009, 12:59 AM
So much for a saturday off with pay.Floating holiday has to be taken during week so I must bow out of this one.Good thing I took vacation for Pyramid.