PDA

View Full Version : Tulloch 3/23

conrad89
03-23-2009, 09:48 PM
We had our poles in the water by 7:30 and trolled the non road side of the dam and hooked into 2 fish within 20 min (one 15 in smallmouth and one 15 in trout) and I thought it was going to be a good day but we only saw action one other time for the entire morning. After the wind picked up on the lake (bout 10-20 mph), and trolling at various depths and different parts of the lake, we decided to call it a day. 2 other boaters reported 2 and no fish for the day.

One problem I had was that the battery wouldnt carry a charge that would allow me to use the trolling motor. I didnt charge it properly. I took my dads GPS along and found that I was trolling with the gas motor at 2.5 mph, thats as low as I could go. I caught the 2 and hooked a 3rd at that speed, but all the same its just too fast. I had all action off the rainbow J7 Rapala, the fish wouldnt touch anything else.

I went to Bass Pro Shops and talked to a floor manager and he said that the atmospheric pressure was high because of the weather change, which caused the fishing for this day to be poor.

What are people's take on this? I did some reading about it and apparently the Barometer readings should be back to normal by Wed. I think I want to try Tulloch again either Wed or thursday. Any helpful information would be great.

Conrad89

PS I have pics of the 2 fish if anybody wants a look. The smallie has nice colors and fought well... but the trout although a planter had red meat.

Semperfifishing
03-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Thursday thru Sat...the Solar Lunar will be at its best for the new moon.