PDA

View Full Version : The Flat 3/21

ReelJerks
03-21-2009, 06:20 PM
The Dentist and I trolled the upper lake this morning from Trimmer to near the second set of power lines. Best we could manage was 7 in the 13 to 15 inch range. I was out-fished and thoroughly put to shame today. The Dentist made hook-ups look easier than molar extractions while I felt all the pain. We used leadcore 3 and 4 colors and I used one DR deep with a rolled shad. We had to break out the Sun Flash lake trolls for the first time in 2 years or better in order to catch a fish. Either gold/nickel or straight gold worked ahead of green or green/glow beaded crawler harnesses.

Not one strike was had on the rod without the Krill UV Gel.

The best I have to offer for the day is a fair pic of bluefisher18.
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh252/eddallen/bluefisher18.gif
I must say, his fishing buddy is a whole lot better looking than mine *;)

Also talked to a friend of Fisherwally but missed Fisherwally *:(

New secret weapon should be here prior to the Pine Flat Derby.

Edd

jannwells
03-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Edd,

The little woman says " Thank you Skallywag".

We launched at Lambardo's at abut 8:45 because the last few weeks we didn'n start getting hits until 9:30ish. WRONG this time.

Trolled from Lombardo's to the power lines for 1 little fella about 6".

Anyway......long story short, The wife out fished me 3 to 1. She got 1st and biggest. (14 incher) The bite died about 10:30 and that that was it for us.
It was still a good day on the water as always.

Bf18

baileyrj
03-21-2009, 07:10 PM
We trolled the same area and managed only one (decent size though) in the boat that I caught with a wedding ring tipped with Gulp crawler behind flashers at about four colors around 12:30 on our way back to the ramp.

LOTS of boats on the water and in the area. I only saw one other boat netting a fish and there were many within easy viewing.

I dont know either of you but I saw you both on the water...recognize the boats in the pics. Its been interesting to see/read posts on here and see the same folks up there being a newbie.

jannwells
03-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Well welcome to the boards baileyrj, and the Flat. Do you fish Pine Flat often?

The bite today wasn't what it has been for the last few weeks, but that's kinda expected as the weather warms up. The surroundings sure are beautiful though, aren't they?

What boat were you in, I notice other vessels as my philosophy is "a man can never have too many boats". :D

fishon_chris
03-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the report Edd and Bf18.It sounds like the fishing is slow for the last few days at the flat.
Looks like more striper fishing next weekend for me boat.we had a great day at the forebay on friday.

Chris

baileyrj
03-22-2009, 05:49 AM
Replying to Bluefisher18:

Thank you for the welcome! Yes, we try to get up there as often as possible on the weekends. Indeed, its nice just to be up there and see the scenery right now.

Trying to learn as much as possible through trial and error and reading on here as well as other info.

We were in a 16 ft. Crestliner Jon boat thats painted military green. I think at one point, you were just off our port side just north of or in the power lines area.

ReelJerks
03-22-2009, 08:35 AM
bailerji......Welcome to the boards and my home lake. I think I saw you as we were headed out. I'm always on ch69 but sometimes on ch9 (the lake channel) and I scan both so give me a shout next time your out. If you hear the train horn.....look around because it's me.

One very important thing about this forum......these people really really really like to see pics.....lots and lots of pics.

Welcome again,
Edd

jannwells
03-22-2009, 08:51 AM
baileyrj,

I believe one of you were wearing military camos?
Nice boat. I had a 14ft Sea Nymph that my wife and I had more fun with. I gave it to my son who lives in Washington. Man miss that boat! :-/
You're taking the right approach, don't be afraid to ask questions, there are some great fishermen /women who are more than willing to help. I've learned a lot from these boards, but my catch rate is still too inconsistent to give advice.

Hope to see you on the water.
Tight lines

Slapabow
03-23-2009, 06:57 AM
The Flat is back to her mischievius ways?
Atleast the scenery is nice.
Kevin

baileyrj
03-23-2009, 07:28 AM
Bluefisher18 and Skallywag,

Yes, that was us, I had on a camo jacket. You can tell its us by the Mercury Racing stickers on the 25 horse outboard...ha ha.

I did hear a horn honk once, must have been Skallywag.

See you on the lake.

fresnofshfan
03-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Edd way to go!! Good to see you had fish in the boat.
Nothing on your home made PF special?? :D

We were going to head to Eastman sunday but me no likey casting into wind..... :(

FFF

ReelJerks
03-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Nothing on your home made PF special?? :D
Yes....all three rods using the PF special in green or the green/glow, but, the secret was the KRILL gel.

We were going to head to Eastman sunday but me no likey casting into wind..... :(
I might battle the wind for a 17" average. Eastman and Hensley used to be unknown gold mines for trout.

Edd

baileyrj
03-23-2009, 08:47 AM
The one that didnt get away on Saturday...

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss300/jbaileymba/DSC_1553.jpg