PDA

View Full Version : Captain Compassion Sighting

bigdewy
03-20-2009, 10:48 AM
I was fishing at Wilson Common County Park on Wednesday and Captain Compassion and his lovely bride made a cameo appearance. They weren't there long enough for me to get across the pond to introduce myself. ;D CC, I was the guy with the flyrod. Mrs. CC took a few pictures. Maybe she'll add them to this topic. My camera was at home.

Mackattack
03-20-2009, 11:56 AM
I've seen that species before. Its common along the Hy. 88 corridor in spring and summer. And can also be found along the eastern edge of the high Sierra Mtn. range most other times of the year.

Mackattack

Captain Compassion
03-20-2009, 12:49 PM
I was fishing at Wilson Common County Park on Wednesday and Captain Compassion and his lovely bride made a cameo appearance.

We were there. ;D Did a three day fishing thing. Wednesday Wilson Common and Davis Creek. Thursday ICR and the E. Carson. Today W. Walker (Nevada), Hinkson Slough and North Pond in Mason Valley. Going to report on all three tonight. Should have yelled something. Maybe you could have helped me catch a fish. :-[ Did better at Davis Creek.

CC

cgagex3
03-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Mac, * [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Be careful I heard that species has a contagious fishing disease.....

It can be dangerous and cause repeated trips to freshwater locations....

;D

CG

wolfden
03-20-2009, 04:41 PM
I've seen that species before. Its common along the Hy. 88 corridor in spring and summer. And can also be found along the eastern edge of the high Sierra Mtn. range most other times of the year.

*Mackattack
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mackattack
03-20-2009, 05:35 PM
Mac, * [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Be careful I heard that species has a contagious fishing disease.....

It can be dangerous and cause repeated trips to freshwater locations....

;D

CG

This is true, as i've read there has been a sighting on the shores of CA foothill lakes in recent past. Theres no telling where this strain of CC will show up next. Keep a sharpe eye out for it,it may be coming to a body of water near you soon.

Mackattack

fat_fish
03-21-2009, 12:18 AM
he's like Elvis...people think they see him everywhere. once i heard he was sighted @ silver, caples, red, w.carson, and icr all in the same day by different sniffers. i have fished with him b4 and i too have the disease. you're the best cc.

ff

dinos marine
03-22-2009, 04:18 PM
ah yes the cc disease............it starts slow, then you start noticing that you crave the 88 corridor. then you start collecting castmasters...... first its one, then two, then oh i need that color.....

cgagex3
03-22-2009, 04:42 PM
FF,

Funny I think I could have been folowing him around one of those 88 days. I asked the doctor, he said that once you have the 88 strain there is no cure. I guess that I have a life time of summer time treks up the 88 coridor to feed the addiction to high water lakes.

CG