PDA

View Full Version : Pardee Rainbows Tues Mar 17, 2009

GuyBrown
03-18-2009, 06:54 AM
St. Patrick’s Day. I invited Bill Crooks to join me and take his 21’ Willy boat to the Jolly Hookers, SIRS outing. 10-15 boats, 20-30 fishermen. Bill & I were skunked! We weren’t the only ones. 6.5 hours (6:30-1:00), 21 miles. We used everything in all the wrong places at all the wrong times. Largest fish caught 2+#. Water 54.8*, clear to 15’. Air 48-65*. Sky overcast to clear. Wind 0-3 mph. Thanks for the company Bill.

PapaGreg
03-18-2009, 11:34 AM
:)Banked it today at Pardee, same results, NADA!!!!!

Did not see one fish caught in five hours, several disgruntled anglers left at the same time, water level is dropping.

Chadzilla
03-18-2009, 06:11 PM
It's crazy how hit and miss Pardee has been lately. Keep with it and you're bound to hit it right.

steveo79
03-18-2009, 07:48 PM
The fish have been close to shore. I've been hugging the shore line, keeping in 20-30 feet of water and looking for drop offs and ledges. they are in there, just not where most are looking. Crawlers behind a dodger, 1-1.3 on top, 100-150 ft back.

Reel_Lost
03-19-2009, 06:11 AM
Got three yesterday and two ldr's. Pretty slow, saw some taken off bank at upper end of lake. Marked lots of fish

Jonezin2fish
03-19-2009, 06:12 AM
Guys the fish are not holding in the same areas they were a few weeks ago. I did a stealth mission solo up there in the afternoon earlier this week and I did hit a few fish in some of my usual spots up river. I did pick up a small planter brown up there though.

It seems like most of these planters are racing around the shoreline in smaller schools looking for food. One thing I noticed is there are quite a few trollers way out off the banks almost like they are fishing for kokes in July. Stay in the shallower water and if you are using DRs you don't need to go any more than 10'. Everything I caught was on Cripplures with a worm trailer and Gold Apex. By the way, the lake level is fluctuating somewhat right now and not sure why they are drawing it down but that puts these fish off the bite really quick.

Another_Mike
03-19-2009, 08:16 AM
I was up there as well.....and yep, VERY slow!

I did eventually limit out but that was after 7 hours plus. Did everything I could for them, Trolled topwater early in the narrows and North end, then anchored up and baitfished Mels cove. All to no avail.

Went upriver and trolled with the leadcore, 3 colors out with a firetiger midge wobler and got some action that way. Then, anchored and baitfished inflated crawlers to finish up. Fish were soft striking and not on the aggresive, hard charging bite. Lost 3 on the reel in just because I couldn't set the hook.

One hec of a nice show with all the poppies on the south slopes though! *:)

Reel_Lost
03-19-2009, 08:41 PM
It's worth a trip just to see the poppy's at the upper end. Wish I would have had the camera. Will be back soon just for a few pic's *Mike, which boat were you in. I was the black and red center console with the Suzuki.

PapaGreg
03-21-2009, 04:39 PM
:)Pretty slow again today at Pardee, until......................the plant truck arrived!

Had a blast after that, we caught two limits on anything orange.

People all around us started hooking-up when they found out what we were using, great fun to see people catching fish, especially a bunch of boy scouts that were camping there.

Another_Mike
03-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Reel_Lost:

Old camo aluminum 14' Gregor. That might have been you and your buddy who passed by me early afternoon (?)