PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle 3/21

Backcountry
03-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Well what can I say other than 1st skunk of the year - glad I got that behind me!!

Headed up early so I could watch the sun come up - it was all things considered a nice morning. Started out at the dam with grubs - yellow ones, brown ones. chartruese ones, white ones, orange ones (well they had some chartruese in 'em), I couldn't buy a fish....aarrggh.

Switched to kastmasters, switched to rapalas, zilch, nothing, nada. Would've switched to dynamite if I had some.

Off the water at 10:30. Fredfreddy - hope the bite turned for you guys - good talking to you today.

-Backcountry

stonesfan
03-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Backcountry you could have invited me along, I would have brung
along me Lucky Hat and that might have made the difference.... :D

Stones [smiley=rollingstones.gif]Fan

Backcountry
03-21-2009, 04:12 PM
We'll shoot Stonesfan...I'd be happy to fish with you. Could be that the lucky hat would've made a difference, however I was wearing my lucky shorts (we'll they were lucky before I washed them earlier this week...had too...enough said)

I think the bite will pickup in the next few weeks...Del Valle always gets hot middle / end of April

One last thing...Stones are good - Springsteen has it going on as well.

-Backcountry

johnbfishin
03-21-2009, 04:13 PM
How was the wind? I thought about going but when I walked outside this am. it was kinda windy here so I went back to bed.....sounds like I made the right choice. ;)

Backcountry
03-21-2009, 04:20 PM
JohnB - wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, nonetheless I think you made the right choice re: getting under the covers

-Backcountry

johnbfishin
03-21-2009, 04:27 PM
That's the odd thing about DV, I've seen the flag in downtown Livermore blowing straight out from the flag pole but at the lake it's calm. As they say, you don't know unless you go.

Zebco Kid
03-21-2009, 05:39 PM
[quote author=johnbfishin link=1237675151/0#5 date=1237681647]I've seen the flag in downtown Livermore blowing straight out from the flag pole but at the lake it's calm.quote]

I wonder if there's a wind direction where that is the case. I notice that the lake runs SE to NW. I wonder if a strong SW wind gets pushed up over the hills and over the lake. Hmm. Any meteorologist Sniffers out there?

DG

fishmaster
03-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Just checked the weather report for tomorrow. They are calling for 20+mph winds. Hope the weatherman is wrong.

untalan1
03-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Was undecisve to go halibut at oyster or dell valle today, made the better choice and did some home chores before spring fishing kicks in and then eveything is on the back burners.

Captain Compassion
03-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Was undecisve to go halibut at oyster or dell valle today, made the better choice and did some home chores before spring fishing kicks in and then eveything is on the back burners.

That's it Efren. Build up browney points then come on over to the east side. ;D

CC