PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa 3-15

Hof
03-15-2009, 07:30 PM
Decided to head out to berryessa today after reading some of the posts that it might be waking up. Got a late start but was on the water around 8:00. * *I was hoping to get into some kings but trout definitely kept me busy. *Trolled the dam for a while and caught 1 trout top lining a flee bitty with no dodger. *Lost one and then caught one more on a needlefish and then things went cold. *I packed up and moved to through the narrows and started trolling near the entrance of the main body and had steady action. *The best set up of the day was *a blue RGT on a diamond pattern sling blade on the wire at 11ft. ***Ended the day with 8 trout, keeping 3 for the smoker. *Kept my other rod between 25-35 ft chasing the marks on my fish finder but never got hit. *I did end up with two kings, 1 dink and one 14 Ĺ. *Biggest trout was 13. *Wind wasnít near as bad as I thought it would be. *It was a real nice day on the water. *I talked to one boat that had 8 fish near the main body and another guy at the dam was slaying them drifting live minnows. *Iíd post a pic but my daughters 4-H projcect (Bunny) chewed through wires so I canít dowload. * :-[Took one with my cell phone that I might be able to post later. *I think the lake is definitly waking up. *

Hof

John_Diggler
03-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Good report Hof. I'm hoping to get my outboard back together tomorrow so I can hit the lake tuesday. Drifting live minnows is the way to go for nonstop actions, the Trout love'em.

Martinez Frank
03-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the report Hof, what was your trolling speed? Time to chase some kings again ;)

Hof
03-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Trolling speed was 1.7 - 2.0. * *Sorry I left that out. *The guys trolling minnows were flying by me like I was standing still. *At first I thought they were going way to fast but they sure proved me wrong. *

Hof

shake-n-bake
03-16-2009, 04:54 AM
Hof,
Thanks for the report :) I might hit Berryessa again on Wednesday The kings gotta be coming on soon ;) We did good on the trout last Wed.

s&b