PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Report Thursday3/12

HookedForLife
03-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Launched at North Shore at 0845, lines in the water at 9 AM in the ramp vicinity. Went to Hat Island and trolled there and towards the dam. Before the dam, hooked a hawg on the orange grub and fought it for awhile. It surfaced near the boat and took off real fast and came loose - bent hook! I was using a light wire Gamakatsu worm hook, so I learned the hard way to always use thick wire for these hawgs from now on!

Caught one trout at the dam on a threaded nightcrawler behind a silver flatfish. Then hooked two at Hat Island on the orange grub, landing one. Headed for the narrows for nada, then caught one trout and a nice 16" spotted bass on the way back to the ramp, both on the orange grub. Couldn't get any strikes on the Rapalas, firetiger or hot steel, even though we fished them most of the day.

Ended at 7 PM with three 1-1.5 lb trout and one bass. Much slower action when compared with my last two Thursday trips. Weather was great!!!

2sanchezs
03-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Way to go on Camanche. Had the same kinda luck out there last Sunday. Were you trolling those grubs with anything? Those hawgs aren't hitting those Rapalas right now, probably because of every body's lost lures are still jammed in thier mouth's from last weeks sniffer fest. I still need to catch one of those hawgs, that's the only way I'm going to get one of those Hot steels. See you on the water.

trollin4life 8-)

tortuga
03-12-2009, 09:36 PM
We drove to Bass pro shop in manteca and they are out of everything!!1

HookedForLife
03-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Way to go on Camanche. Had the same kinda luck out there last Sunday. Were you trolling those grubs with anything? Those hawgs aren't hitting those Rapalas right now, probably because of every body's lost lures are still jammed in thier mouth's from last weeks sniffer fest. I still need to catch one of those hawgs, that's the only way I'm going to get one of those Hot steels. See you on the water.

trollin4life 8-)

I put Pro-Cure Trophy Trout or Shad Scent on the 3" Seps orange grub with 4-5 feet of 8 pound fluorocarbon leader, which was attached to a barrel swivel and a 1/2-3/4 oz. egg sinker above. I found out that the Seps grub works as well as the Berkeley orange power grub, which I can't find anymore.

We ran one downrigger 10-20 feet deep, but only caught 1 trout on that. Oh yes, we also tried mooching nightcrawlers 15-20 deep near the dam for about an hour and threw and jigged some Kastmasters/Little Cleos with no luck.

steveo79
03-13-2009, 04:56 PM
I was out there, from about 3pm. My buddy Mike was trolling a j-7 rainbow on one, and a green slingblade with a crawler. I was using a j-7 firetiger, and a red slingblade/crawler down 5 -10 feet. I did not get so much as a bump, but Mike got 3, around 14-16". Shad scent on the Rapala's. Trolled all around Hat, up to the narrows, and then back towards South shore around 7-7:15.
Just one of those days..... ;D

biggamehunter67
03-13-2009, 05:40 PM
the shad scent u use is threadfin shad the same scent???