PDA

View Full Version : North Bar Butts / Flash Fishing Report

Flash Sportfishing
08-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Well Sportsmen, 8/21/09

We made the afternoon 1/2 day charter today. I steamed right up to the north bar and got some reports of a few biters. We started about 2:30 pm and fished until 5:30 pm. We landed 4 fish and dropped 2. We boxed 2 and the other 2 were shakers. We used anchovies and 20 lb test. I think the bite was a little slower than the last 2 days. The bar was a little bumpy during the ebb tide but fishable. I think it is time to search for other areas. My boat is chartered for a 21st birthday BBQ at the wharf tomorrow. We were going to fish the morning but the fishing is a little to slow so it will just be a fun day at the wharf. I have a full open load on Sunday. Stay tuned for that report.

Captain Steve Talmadge
Flash Sport Fishing

hansolo2009
08-21-2009, 04:44 PM
thanks for your reports!

Polebrother
08-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the report. What is your strategy for finding other spots when bites are slow at the North Bar? Will you try other ocean spots that have produced in the past or will you concentrate your effort inside the gate on the bay? Don't the butts generally run larger outside the gate? Also, is there a seasonal trend for chasing halibut, i.e., seems last year they started and finished the season on fire in the South Bay. I'm not asking you to reveal any specific hot spots, just trying to gain a better understanding of how you approach butt chasing this time of year. For example, inside or outside the gate? Thanks again for sharing!

Flash Sportfishing
08-22-2009, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the report. What is your strategy for finding other spots when bites are slow at the North Bar? Will you try other ocean spots that have produced in the past or will you concentrate your effort inside the gate on the bay? Don't the butts generally run larger outside the gate? Also, is there a seasonal trend for chasing halibut, i.e., seems last year they started and finished the season on fire in the South Bay. I'm not asking you to reveal any specific hot spots, just trying to gain a better understanding of how you approach butt chasing this time of year. For example, inside or outside the gate? Thanks again for sharing!
Give me a call.

Capt. Steve