PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Bay

LuLu22
08-14-2009, 02:22 AM
I've been at Bodega bay for the past week. I have the boat over at the County marina " Spud Point" . That is a nice spot. The seas have been rough with 20 + MPH winds and white caps all around. I did do some drift fishing for Halibut with out any hook ups. Monday was the best sea day and I got to take the Grand Kids out for a boat ride to see the Sea Lions and other sea life on the island. It has been a bit rocky to do any serious Rock Cod fishing here!
More later !

Ron on the "Lulu Belle"

65whaler
08-14-2009, 06:03 AM
hey captn - thanks for the update. hope you stick around for the weekend as the weather should turn offshore making for spectacular weather on and above the water. hopefully the fish will cooperate as well for the august trifecta.

rugrwl
08-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Capt. Are you planning on being there Thursday-Sunday. My friend and I will be at Westside. Couple small boats. Would you mind a tag-along for some rockcod if the weather is good? I'll bring the bottle of Morgan.... Let me know thanks. William

LuLu22
08-16-2009, 02:19 PM
You bet! I'll be there Aug 17 Monday eve.ing - I hope.... The weather is looking better for the mid week....SSW winds and less swell... I really would like to have a tag along!
I hope to see you! VHF 9,77,68 etc......
Lulu Belle is the boat name!

LuLu22
08-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Update..... The weather let down and I got to go out yesterday, 8/19..... It was one of those flat calm days that are a rarity for Bodega. I hooked up with a capisone and a few rock cod!
Ron

LuLu22
08-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Will and I got to go out on the 21st. We fished a few spots for some smaller rock fish. We did get to the Ft. Ross reef and had a time with the kelp there. Weather was mixed seas and fog. There was not much sight seeing on the trip. All in all it was a great day on the ocean. Thanks for the great company - Will!