PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa starting to wake up

trackertundra
03-07-2009, 06:06 PM
I had promised a budy of mine a while back that I would take him fishing, and I felt a little darring and decided to do a scouting trip to Berryessa. had the boat in the water at Markley around 6:30 and started getting takedowns in the 5mph area as soon as we started fishing. *The morning had pretty steady action and slowed late morning, and then again opened up around 11am. *Ended the day keeping 6 trout and one king. *Also hooked up with two tiny kokes, which we released. *Had 3 or 4 other trout on that we lost, because the rod tip was pointed towards the water *>:(. ( I never have that problem when I bring my boy's ;D). *I also had three real good take downs on the rod that I was targeting kings with. *I don't know for sure, but I would assume they were kings. *All the trout were caught in the top 10 feet of water on crawlers, trolling power bait and rapalas. Called it a day around 12:30 to take some pictures and after pictures, we look over and one of the rods is bouncing :D. *that was trout #6. *Water in the narrows did not look bad, but the main lake is another story. Usually I like to fill my limit stick up, but after reading some of the past post, I feel we did pretty well! ;)*Good luck to all!

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/DSC07378_450_x_338_.jpg

Tracker

STRIPER_STEVE
03-07-2009, 06:17 PM
awesome report!!!

T-ROY
03-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Way to go Tommy, Maybee the end of the month will get that pond to wake up 100% it's looking pretty good on the salmon side for this year. T-Roy

Zebco Kid
03-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Tracker T,

When you mention that one rod was setup for Kings, can you explain the difference?

I'm excited to see such a good day for you. I've pounded Berryessa this winter with little success. Glad to see things are looking up.

Thanks.

DG

Berryessa Kid
03-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Nice King! It's nice to hear a good report. You guys did real well!! Good call on Berry, I bet it was beautiful.. Steve.

TroutWagon
03-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Tracker,

thanks for the report, Berry should be ok when all the dust settles. The narrows and dam are ok as clarity so it should be king time pretty soon!!!

TW

trackertundra
03-07-2009, 08:26 PM
DG - I was running one particular rod around 22' to 25' targeting kings. I was using a big radical glow tube tipped with anchovies. The reason that I am speculating they were kings was based on the intensity of the strike. I was also marking a good number of what I believed t be kings at that depth. But it's only an assumption, or maybee wishfull thinking ;D
Tracker

vvbob
03-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Finally someone scores....!!
Good going Tracker :)

Wonder if those fish at 22' could be Bass??

Ol Angi
03-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Way to go Tracker T. Glad to see you got your buddy into some fish. How was the weather up there yesterday?

trackertundra
03-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Ol Angie - the weather was perfect, flat as could be.

Tracker

kokaneekid
03-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Sweet report, that lake is not too far from me. Thanks for sharing the story and pics.

JrF :)

Rod Bender
03-09-2009, 03:20 AM
Nice scouting report Tom. Looks like the water in the pictures is clean, was that at the Dam area?

trackertundra
03-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Robender, that picture was taken inside the 5mph srea at Markley. I did make a run out to the mainlake, and there was tons of debree floating all over. The water clarity leaves much to be desired :-[.

Tracker

June first
03-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the report Tracker T
Great news that Berryessa is getting closer ;D
How far down is the water level?
I haven't been to Berry in a while...... looking forward to some Kings soon!! 8-)