PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle March 6, 2009

Zebco Kid
03-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Hello All,

A good day at Del Valle for me and a a friend. Ended with 3 in the boat, and one escapee during the pursuit.

Got on the water at 7:30. Immediately lost a Rapala J7 Firetiger (floating) to one of your propellars as you cross behind me. You know who you are. I'll take a replacement and time :'(

The VHF came in real handy today as I tuned to channel 69 and listened to many of the regulars on this forum talking about what's working, and what's not.

We switched to chartreuse, as that was the color for today. As soon as we did, things started getting exciting in Heron Bay.

Our success for the day came with setbacks of 120 for toplining, and 80 for the downrigger work.

Brought them in with: Rapala Firetiger J7 (jointed), Rapala J5 Gold/Silver, chartreuse tube injected with scent, pulled 18" behind a Shasta Tackle silver with green highlights blade, and finally a chartreuse tube with scent and a red bead at its nose (No Blade).

For those that heard my VHF report, the tube is the Octopus. I was experiencing my first senior moment :-[

Anyway. A good day. Nice fish. Great weather. A full reservoir of water. Well mannered boaters/fisherman. What could be better.

Cheers,

DG

johnbfishin
03-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Hello All,

Got on the water at 7:30. Immediately lost a Rapala J7 Firetiger (floating) to one of your propellars as you cross behind me. You know who you are. I'll take a replacement and time :'(

Oops! I guess I'd better check my prop for line huh?
Sorry about that, I got forced out farther from the docks than normal by another boat that was also leaving. I was paying more attention to him than how you guys were fishing. I have a replacement for ya next time we cross paths. ;)

c-swirl-sean
03-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Way to go! Glad to hear folks sharing success tools.

Mickey_Thomas
03-08-2009, 04:29 PM
DG, maybe letting your lines out to soon while your still in the dock area might have had something to do with loosing your lure. Just a thought, I've been wrong before ;D
Good report, it's fun to be on the radio with our sniffer friends, :D

Woody
03-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Mickey I think JohnB was just practicing his technique for winning the derby next week . Even if he doesn't catch any fish he could still go home with some new lures hanging from his outboard.

Woody

Zebco Kid
03-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Hey Mickey,

I appreciate that possibility. My fishing mentor taught me to get the rods in the water as soon as possible. He taught me that lots of folks head out to greener pastures, passing by lots of opportunities. I haven't found this to be the case, yet, at Del Valle, but I've hooked a few on the way out of the marinas at Berryessa. Of course, this doesn't change the fact that I'm trolling in a crowded area...just the number of fish in the boat...which can never be a bad thing :)

DG

Mickey_Thomas
03-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Good one Woody, why didn't I think of that ;D ;D

johnbfishin
03-08-2009, 06:03 PM
Yeah, why didn't I think of that! ;D
Consider yourself lucky DG, you're the first one I've cut, ever!
If that's any consolation. ::)