PDA

View Full Version : Loch Lomond 3-1-09 Opener Info

scfisher831
02-23-2009, 01:35 PM
For all the anglers making the trek up to Loch Lomond for the opener on Sunday for trout.Beware no outside boats will be allowed to enter the lake.Rental boats will be available to use.See link below for info from my local newspaper.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/sports/ci_11763891

mike_l
02-23-2009, 03:00 PM
LL is on the no stocking list too...for trouters it might be different this year than ever before. -m

scfisher831
02-23-2009, 03:44 PM
The lake still will have plenty of holdover trout to catch as not all trout they planted last year or the year before were caught.Last season up there I got more holdovers than palnters.Lots of big bass to be had too.Hopefully LL wil make it off the "no stock list" in 2010 when the EIR report is done so DFG can plant it again.

Fish_R_Us
02-23-2009, 05:52 PM
Maybe Opening Day will be another drenching wet day like the old times. I can recall fishing with all the raingear and still leaving the place soaked to the bone. At least you have a nice stringer of trout to show for your efforts or perhaps a 10# LMB from Bass Cove.

chefchandler
02-28-2009, 07:56 PM
cant wait.. i dont no if i will sleep tonight thinking about that lake.. i will be at the gates at 5 waiting for it to open.. loch lomand here i come... :D

Fish On,
Chef

Troutoholic
03-01-2009, 12:05 AM
I love LL. First trout I ever caught was at the Loch when I was about 4 years old. Been Fishing it my whole life and just because it wont get stocked wont keep me from going. Once your up there all worries disappear, its to gorgeous of a place. Great post thank for the info link. Wish I could still take my own boat , tight lines- TK

Dogfather
03-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Haven't heard a single report how anyone did for the opening at Loch Lomond. Talked to one of the staff there and he told me a friend of his had caught some bass but he didn't have much of a trout report- but he had just started his shift and that was later in the day. Hope someone got a few. How about you Chef?

Troutoholic
03-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Yup heard no reports from the opener. Means no one caught anything ;D haha. Or just havnt had time to post yet. Hope at least someone gt a trout.

Dogfather
03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Weather might have put a damper on the intial enthusiasm. I did hear a few boats got some holdovers up to 2 lbs but numbers were very few. Really like that lake but it's going to be tough pickin's this year.
Too bad a private concessionaire couldn't plant here like they do in Lake Amador. It is on the no plant list too but still gets planted weekly by the resort there. Don't quite understand how that works but I guess the lawsuit is just with the DFG and the resort had been planting there for years prior which may have grandfathered them in.
Loch Lomond is one beautiful little lake though, it's too bad this one had to be on the no plant list and Pinto Lake gets em'.
Kj

chefchandler
03-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Been really busy this week at work and haven't been able to post back. So I have been out of a car due to a transmission, So my buddy was suppost to drive and around 3 AM Sunday morning I got a text message from my buddy and it said that he had gotten in an accident. So being able to go to the home opener was canceled. But I Talked another friend into going tommaro. I will post tommaro night and tell you guys how we did.

Fish On,
Chef

IdFishThat
03-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Weather might have put a damper on the intial enthusiasm. I did hear a few boats got some holdovers up to 2 lbs but numbers were very few. Really like that lake but it's going to be tough pickin's this year.
* *Too bad a private concessionaire couldn't plant here like they do in Lake Amador. It is on the no plant list too but still gets planted weekly by the resort there. Don't quite understand how that works but I guess the lawsuit is just with the DFG and the resort had been planting there for years prior which may have grandfathered them in.
* *Loch Lomond is one beautiful little lake though, it's too bad this one had to be on the no plant list and Pinto Lake gets em'.
* *Kj

It is such an awesome lake to hang out on and fish, so beautiful, it really is a shame that it won't be happening this year.

mike_l
03-06-2009, 07:23 PM
there are still bluegill...there's about a gazillion of the little devils in LL every summer...

chefchandler
03-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Got the lines in the water at 7 from the shore and for and an hour and a half I saw no fish caught. *We talked to quite a bit of boats and no one had had even a bite. *My buddy said he would rent a boat so he walked back to marina and came back and picked us up at 9. *So for 2 hours and not even a bite. *Got in the boat and started to troll. Nothing. For 2 hours on the boat still not even a bite and still hadn't heard anyone even catching a fish let alone a bite. So we went to all the reeds to fish for some bass.. *Nothing.. Decided to leave at 1:30 and when we were leaving passed a guy who said he had caught 3 bass biggest at 4LB. on a jig. All in all not a single thing for me today but I love loch lomand and I will be back for revenge. Since last year the lake has filled up very nice. *Heard about allot of people catching large trout on opening day. Also a guy caught a 10Lb. large mouth. *
The water was a little mucky today so I cant wait for it to clear up..

Fish on,
Chef

Dogfather
03-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Too bad the fish didn't cooperate today Chef.
Next time try using a swimbait as the bass in the lake aren't getting their normal supply of Vitamin "T" . The only unfortunate thing is unless the bass are caught and released their numbers are going to go down as well.
That's why I liked the trout- they were made to be eaten by both man and bass alike (a few for the Cormorants as well)- an equal opportunity situation.
Take care
Kj