PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette Resovoir 03/05/09

gmdcdvm
03-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Well,
Decided to go out and try my catching some rainbow trout at the Lafayette resovoir. I set up shop around 12p.m. and fished until 4p.m. Overall, it was very similar to last time: Nada, Zip, Zilch, Goose Egg, Skunk, (insert favorite word/phrase hear).

It was a little on the cold side, but not to bad overall. Saw some guys trolling the lake. Apparently, one guy had 4 fish earlier in the morning, but none of the other trollers had much to show. Same goes for the bank fishermen. Most of the fish were caught early in the morning.

This was only my second time, but since no one else caught much I'm sticking to the "fish were not biting" story. Of course, my lack of trout experience may have played a factor. I was using power bait in rainbow and chartruese colors. Some of the other guys were using nightcrawlers as well.

Spoke to a few regulars who mentioned that lake tends to do better after a few days of sunshine. We'll see how it goes next time. It was still a good day to be out, and it beats working.

Gerry