PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Report Thursday 3/5

HookedForLife
03-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Launched at the North Shore low water ramp at 8:45, lines in the water at 9 AM about 100 yards straight out from the ramp and had one on the orange grub, but lost it near the net. Went to Hat Island area for nada, then to the Dam where we immediately got a small 12" 3/4-pound trout on the Firetiger Rapala, but right after that a huge hit - the fish was at least 8 lbs or more and we had it in the net, only to have it make a final try to get out and it did, also throwing the hook and swimming straight down into the depths! Had it on the Hot Steel Rapala. Then a fat silvery 2 pounder was caught on the orange grub.

Back to Hat Island for nothing, so we ran to Narrows for nothing again, so we started trolling back to the ramp to call it a so-so day. However, little did we know that we would catch an 8 1/2 pounder, 4 1/4 pounder, 3 1/2 pounder and two 1-pounders, plus a 14-inch bass.

So we ended up at 5 PM with our best day ever on Camanche - 7 trout weighing 21 pounds total and 1 bass. All three lures worked about equally - Hot Steel F-9 Rapala, Firetiger Countdown Rapala in the same size, and orange grub.

Both my friend and I feel very fortunate to have a day like today! I hope other Sniffers can experience the same!

STRIPER_STEVE
03-05-2009, 08:05 PM
great report............ we love pictures. ;D

HookedForLife
03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
great report............ *we love pictures. ;D

Maybe one of these days I will figure out how to post pictures on the Fishsniffer message board. I have lots of good digital pictures of fish caught.