PDA

View Full Version : sunday camanche

egg
03-02-2009, 05:20 AM
after getting excited reading "tow truck robbie" hauling in pigs, i hit camanche on sunday. had light rain and overcast and only one trout !
went to the causeway and the narrows and things were dead. i believe that there has been so much boat traffic in the last couple of weeks, that the trout just aren't buying it. i did see hoards of trout at the dam. several times i rebooted the fishfinder just to make sure it was reading right. you would think that as thick as they were, we would run over them with the boat.
anyway, as robbie keeps saying, on camanche you gotta move around a lot, and that we will do.

warning, there is a lot of wood floating down out of the narrows ! i saw at least six logs over eight feet long floating in the main lake.

kokaneeCommander
03-02-2009, 05:51 AM
egg, thanks for the report and welcome to the boards! Hey no worries you'll get'm next time. That's why its called fishing and not catching. If we pounded them every time that might get old. :-? :-? Well maybe not but we all have to get humbled every noe and then. Keep us in the reports. Nick "kokaneeCommander"

Jonezin2fish
03-02-2009, 06:20 AM
Welcome to the boards egg!

Ya know......I was tempted to go back out there yesterday. Especially after the day we had Saturday. But with the weather and the lunar phase being what it was I decided against it. Besides every time we've done it we always are disappointed on the return trip. Stayed home and cleaned the boat up to get ready for next weekend.

Chadzilla
03-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the report. Despite the slow day, at least you were out on the water. Maybe Robbie will save one of the hogs for you your next time out.